Bss certificate

Karma Dreams

Featured Posts

Soon I will need my 2nd safety cert done and my last guy has now retired, so will be looking for a recommendation within the Lichfield area?

Having heard/read that surveyors vary so much.. meaning, some will split hairs and nit pick everything while others will do all the major checks which obviously is just plain sense and what I would expect him to do. So can anyone suggest a contact from first hand experience that they felt very pleased with and would definitely use again?

Or do I just pick a few names within a radius of the boat throw them all in a hat and pick one out at random and hope for the best? :lol:

We would recommend Paul Smith: his website is here

He produced a very thorough and well thought through survey for us which stopped us panicking about the state of our hull and produced a sensible, affordable course of action.

Richard

Jeff Greatwood, except he might be the one who's just retired :lol:

No he hasn't, he did my BSC on 6th April and didn't mention retiring. He said that he no longer 'rolls

around in the mud underneath boats in dry docks though' - so his full surveys are over. :lol:

He did a hull survey for my insurers, then my first BSC when the scheme started, and now this last one.

The in-between ones done by AN other as part of 'bulk sessions' at our club otherwise I'd have used

him each time. I can't comment on others, but this guy is 'human'!

Definitely recommended.

Me, I'm at Barton Turns :lol:

I'll second this. Nigel has done my BSS twice now and when the next one is due I hope he is still in business. Very helpful, very practical advice and he doesn't require large quantities of tea/coffee/other beverages!

Tks for all the replies so far. As I cant remember what my last Bss in total cost (I know it has just gone up) what is the charge is now? :lol:

My last guy was local so I wasnt charged for travelling etc. or if I had needed a re-test done (which I didnt), he said he wouldnt charge me extra should that have been the case.

I'll second this. Nigel has done my BSS twice now and when the next one is due I hope he is still in business. Very helpful, very practical advice and he doesn't require large quantities of tea/coffee/other beverages!

Thanks Paul, I'll send the next certificate through the post....... only kidding, :lol:

Very helpful, very practical advice and he doesn't require large quantities of tea/coffee/other beverages!

whats wrong with requiring large quantities of tea etc? you obviously have never worked for BWB, B Gas, B.rail in fact any large (dis)organisation :lol::lol: