canal trips for disadvantaged youths

LoneWolf

Featured Posts

A friend of mine was wondering about taking a group of disadvantaged youths she works with on a narrowboat trip as a team building excercise

I'm looking for recommendations of companies do this, preferably on the London-Milton Keynes part of the GU

Any suggestions?

A friend of mine was wondering about taking a group of disadvantaged youths she works with on a narrowboat trip as a team building excercise

I'm looking for recommendations of companies do this, preferably on the London-Milton Keynes part of the GU

Any suggestions?

Hi Contact either

Hillingdon Narrowboat Association on 01895 823582

or

Reach Out Projects on 01727 818168

Hope this helps

Chris

( other operators are available but I cannot think of them at the moment)

I don't know the areas in question (as far as companies are concerned) but it might be worth her while to contact the National Community Boat Assoc (NCBA) whose members are organisations with boats available - especially for young people.

I take many disadvantaged young people out on boats so if she wants to get in touch - pm me.

NCBA is www.national-cba.org

Good luck!

I don't know the areas in question (as far as companies are concerned) but it might be worth her while to contact the National Community Boat Assoc (NCBA) whose members are organisations with boats available - especially for young people.

I take many disadvantaged young people out on boats so if she wants to get in touch - pm me.

NCBA is www.national-cba.org

Good luck!

cheers! i'll talk to her next week & pm you then

Any suggestions?

It would help if you could give a geographic area, there are dozens of organistions around the country that coud assist but they tend to be regionally based.

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

Hi Contact either

Hillingdon Narrowboat Association on 01895 823582

or

Reach Out Projects on 01727 818168

Hope this helps

Chris

( other operators are available but I cannot think of them at the moment)

Agreed, I was one of the original members of what is now the Hillingdon Narrowboat Association, when they only had Pisces.

You could also try the London Narrowboat Project (Based at Braunston) http://www.lnbp.co.uk/

Any suggestions?

It would help if you could give a geographic area, there are dozens of organistions around the country that coud assist but they tend to be regionally based.

:lol: :lol: Surely he has ?

Another possibility is the Dacorum Narrow Boat Project, (based at the same place as "Reach Out", already mentioned, but a different organisation).

There is yet another one with a boat at Hunton Bridge, but their name escapes me right now.

Sorry for inadvertently giving you a sex change.....

Here's another one I couldn't remember earlier....

South West Herts narrowboat Project

no need to apologise, when i was a child i liked being mistaken for a boy

Many thanks for the info & the geographical clarifying

btw We were in Stoke Bruene on the same day in August