Walking Over The Tunnel - Voting Time

Roger t' Bodger

Featured Posts

To: ;

Subject: Please vote for us!

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:58:04 +0000

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Blisworth and Stoke Bruerne Canal Partnerships have entered "Walking Over the Tunnel" in the Bovril Great Outdoors Scheme for a share of £100,000 to waymark the public footpath route over the top of Blisworth Tunnel with specially designed roundels, special boxes dispensing a heritage leaflet for walkers and an audio trail for download on mobile phones.

We need your votes to keep it in the top 100 projects! Please click the link below to vote and have some fun on the website at the same time.

http://www.bovril.co.uk/revival/info/EMRA000374

Please forward this e-mail to as many friends and colleagues as possible and ask them to vote too.

To: ;

Subject: Please vote for us!

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:58:04 +0000

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Blisworth and Stoke Bruerne Canal Partnerships have entered "Walking Over the Tunnel" in the Bovril Great Outdoors Scheme for a share of £100,000 to waymark the public footpath route over the top of Blisworth Tunnel with specially designed roundels, special boxes dispensing a heritage leaflet for walkers and an audio trail for download on mobile phones.

We need your votes to keep it in the top 100 projects! Please click the link below to vote and have some fun on the website at the same time.

http://www.bovril.co.uk/revival/info/EMRA000374

Please forward this e-mail to as many friends and colleagues as possible and ask them to vote too.

I've just voted - What fun! and blinding soundtrack! just don't tick the two boxes that say 'Yes please send me information on Unilever brands!

Does a natural bit of woodland need decorating?

I couldn't get the link to work.

Sue

This is always a complex issue but I think in this case the pathway/tramway was created by man who also planted the trees at some point. Walking across the top is another waterways experience in that many thousands of boatfolk and horses have done it before so interpretation panels and route markers do help to make this a more profound experience for the general public who wouldn't have a clue otherwise.

Loved the soundtrack and the mole! Voted.... though to be honest, I'm more likely to go UNDER the tunnel than over it!

Stickleback

I'm poor with no boat of my own and disabled so I can't walk it either, so lucky you, mind you - I hate tunnels as they were a cheap and crappy solution to getting pass a natural obstruction. Now we make they worse by filling them with diesel fumes! :lol:

This is always a complex issue but I think in this case the pathway/tramway was created by man who also planted the trees at some point. Walking across the top is another waterways experience in that many thousands of boatfolk and horses have done it before so interpretation panels and route markers do help to make this a more profound experience for the general public who wouldn't have a clue otherwise.

Roads are manmade, too, but, as a Civil-engineer working for a highways dept, "sign pollution" was a perennial problem.

A straight line, requires 2 way markers and, perhaps, an info board at either end.

Leaflet dispensers are merely litter producers (and as I have found at various Warwickshire WT locations, poo bag receptacles).

Roads are manmade, too, but, as a Civil-engineer working for a highways dept, "sign pollution" was a perennial problem.

A straight line, requires 2 way markers and, perhaps, an info board at either end.

Leaflet dispensers are merely litter producers (and as I have found at various Warwickshire WT locations, poo bag receptacles).

I have to agree with you Carl on the litter problem and road signage but pathway signage can be subtle and enhancing to the view -

Lynda writes this, a few minutes ago, " Thank for doing this Roger. It all helps! There’s a lot of competition but we might make it.

Anyone who has attempted to walk over the top of Blisworth Tunnel will know how difficult it is to find the way. Even Sue Day admits getting lost when walking one of her boat horses over."

Lynda

Loved the soundtrack and the mole! Voted.... though to be honest, I'm more likely to go UNDER the tunnel than over it!

Stickleback

Voted. I've left the web page open on another tab just to have the bird sounds playing whilst reading the forum. :lol:

Voted. I've left the web page open on another tab just to have the bird sounds playing whilst reading the forum. :lol:

I had it on all day while working away giving me the sense of a woodland glade instead of a chilly cobwebby cellar! After a while you start to hear the repeats of a chap slurping coffee nearby and looking at his watch! :lol: