Am I right to buy a new Isuze 35 engine?

TerryH

Featured Posts

Am I doing the right thing by purchasing a new Isuze 35 for £3,000. e.g. are they reliable? are they noisy etc?

I think they may not be the best on the market but good value.

Thanks

Hmm - - Assuming you're not going to install it in a 1957 Francis Barnett frame . . . .

and that there are no mechanical/dimension reasons for not fitting it in your boat . . .

My only experience of the Isuzu engines has been whilst on a number of Hire boats - - I think Alvechurch fir them to most of their craft because they are value for money, reliable, easy to maintain, and fairly fuel efficient . . and, I don't think they are particularly noisy, either

Am I doing the right thing by purchasing a new Isuze 35 for £3,000. e.g. are they reliable? are they noisy etc?

Thanks

I've had a 35 in my Liverpool cruiser stern for the last 5 years. Many people comment that they do not hear me coming and the noise on the rear deck is very subdued. Seems quite economical to run and easy to service. If you just want something that works with little fuss you will probably be more than happy with the Isuzu. Filters and other service items seem to be around the same price as other popular engines. So if you like a blue painted engine go for it.

Bill

Thanks

A friend has just bought a new 35hp Isuzu\gearbox combination for around the £3k mark, and he is delighted with it. It certainly looks like a really nice unit. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Thanks

I bought one about 500 (engine) hours ago. I find it quiet, easy to start, economical on fuel (now the newness has worn off) but completely lacking in charachter. £3,000 seems a good price for a "new one".

There are plenty of Isuzu engined boats about and in many hire boats so I don't think they are a bad choice. I think hire companies have used them because on the whole they are cheaper than other similar engines, reliable and easy enough to service with good parts availability.

Most of the modern engine offerings are similar in performance fuel consumption and reliability wise. Some offerings have longer maintenance cycles but for many that is not an issue.

Thank you all for replying so positively. I feel much better about my decision. I am particularly please to hear the engine should not be to noisy.

All I have to worry about now is getting the engine fitted. It as appears my NB keel tank is too small and the engine beds are the wrong size and nears cutting out and new ones fitting.

Thanks