New Printer

steelaway

Featured Posts

Hi All

Ive just bought a HP Office Pro 8000, with an automatic 2 sided (duplex) facility.

I tried to print a two sided .pdf document but when I select print options it wont open.

I cannot select two sided printing and I cannot get Adobe to talk to the printer.

The printer default is set to two sided

Help??????

Alex

Can you print from anything else, such as Internet Explorer or Notepad (If you're on Windows that is)

Hi Liam

I can print two sided with MS Publisher - no problem.

I've not tried IE or Notepad.

There just seems to be no connection from Adobe to the printer.

I'm on windows 7 but sure thats not the problem.

Alex

Hi Liam

I can print two sided with MS Publisher - no problem.

I've not tried IE or Notepad.

There just seems to be no connection from Adobe to the printer.

I'm on windows 7 but sure thats not the problem.

Alex

Which version of Adobe?

Richard

When you say you can't get Adobe to talk to the printer, what exactly do you mean.

When you go into Print, do you mean that there's no printer listed, or does the print properties window crash?

When you say you can't get Adobe to talk to the printer, what exactly do you mean.

When you go into Print, do you mean that there's no printer listed, or does the print properties window crash?

When you select print you have a select print option, but when I select it nothing happens, it just sits there.

When I select print it only prints one sided

I'm on Adobe 9.3

Alex

You may have to go into the Adobe print properties and enable duplex printing seperately in there. I'm on a PC with no printer installed at the moment so can't double check.

I've had something similar in the past where margins set up on the actual printer worked when printing in all applications apart from Adobe which had to be setup seperately.

Have you tried it with pdf documents that have previously printed two-sided? I only ask because I often receive pdf documents in which the author has "locked out" the print options

Hi

You have hit it on he head.

It is this one bloody .pdf that must have some kind of printer lock on it, even though it allows you to print it.

There would have been less confusion if I hadn't just bought a new printer.

Thanks for your time guys.

Alex