What is it about women .......?

zenataomm

Featured Posts

Forget the left/right debate what about women at roundabouts. Why do they have to stop to look right and left when its patently clear to proceed without stopping in the first place!

You have more faith in other road users than I do. As a pedestrian I always look both ways when crossing a one way street.

O: Don`t let the CO catch you wearing makeup on duty. At least not in uniform, understand?

R: But Sir...

O: Alright then. But very subtly applied, is that clear?

[Extract from Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters]

Mmmmmm..... Bob Calvert.... Mmmmmmm

About map reading and directions. Driving in central Glasgow around 5pm (very congested), both my mum-in-law and wife told me to turn right at the next crossing. When I did so there was much turmoil, "why dont I listen?" they scream. "You said turn right so I turned right" I shout.

Their response? "We always come from the opposite direction, you should know that" smugly. Subject closed. :lol:

Do they turn the map upside down when travelling south? I think that's a sign ...

Forget the left/right debate what about women at roundabouts. Why do they have to stop to look right and left when its patently clear to proceed without stopping in the first place!

Oi Vye watch it or I won't drive when you suffer from "Night Blindness" again!!

x

Oi Vye watch it or I won't drive when you suffer from "Night Blindness" again!!

x

What do mean AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!! I've always had that affliction thats why I always drive to the pub and because I can't see in the dark you have to drive back!

When my wife is driving and I'm navigating we often use 'Up and Down' instead of 'Right and Left'. Up = Right because she has to move the indicator stalk up to indicate right.

Good job you don't drive a Toyota then.... Never have been able to work out why they put the flashers on the other side of the column to everyone else..... :lol:

Bloke thing or not...Why is it that I, who is not averse to stopping and asking directions , always seems to pick the local drongo?

I once stopped and asked a couple for directions in Oakham (to the sewage works of all places.... :lol: ). They were both deaf and dumb, but were able to read the address on my delivery note and guide me there by sign language....

I'm male - or was last time I considered it - and in my professioanl work as a theatre designer and director I have never had any problem with left and right - except it's stage left and stage right i.e. it's left from the view of the actor looking at the audience. But put me as a passenger/navigator in a car and all sense of left and right goes south...or north...or somewhere.

In my long ago student days I drove with a friend overland from London to the Middle East. It was his car and so he did most of the driving. and I the navigating. The journey started well (not). Family and friends waved us goodbye as we confidently turned right onto the A1....and headed north away from Dover! We quickly realised our error, did a U-turn, and drove back grinning sheepishly as the gathered group raised the eyes to heaven and shook their heads.

For the rest of the journey, whenever I said 'Right' Rob would turn left...and he'd be right!

We arrived within one day of the planned arrival.