after midnight crew

soldthehouse

Featured Posts

Wriggly reporting for duty - up since 5.45am, driving for five and half hours plus an evening checking out this forum and Ravelry and trying to fit a washing machine that has sprung a leak plus a nearly full day of boat sanding and painting. And I've spoken to my mother (easily the most draining thing I've done) cooked tea and emptied the cat litter tray - urgh!

What's been going on - I'm confused (doesn't take much mind!)

If youve been up since five forty five and done all that the details of today will finish you off.. Dont forget your mother will always be your best friend. :lol:

agreed, but what time does insomnia begin?

Thats the stuff of another complete thread i would think go for it :lol:

Edited by soldthehouse

If youve been up since five forty five and done all that the details of today will finish you off.. Dont forget your mother will always be your best friend. :lol:

Thats the stuff of another complete thread i would think go for it :lol:

I'll post it in the VP at 4am! :lol:

I know, I know but sometimes I wish Mum had a another best friend apart from me - although I love her dearly. While Mum was nattering on I missed the 'excitement' although I gather it was more of the usual.

Oh no. You don't think the threat was to take the site down at 4:00am do you?

Richard

I'm off to the unStable Bar to begin a vigil...

You'll need some virtual candles ....

Just people but thats the trouble with conversation it needs people and sometimes it doesnt work out but thats life.

okay, it's after the magic hour - what shall we discuss - ummm ..... very tired tonight zzzzzzzzz

(see original post!)

I hope they wont be scented candles after todays events Richard.

Nah, just handbags at dawn ...

Just people but thats the trouble with conversation it needs people and sometimes it doesnt work out but thats life.

I hope they wont be scented candles after todays events Richard.

A chap can make a mistake under stressful circumstances, can't he?

Richard

Oh no. You don't think the threat was to take the site down at 4:00am do you?

Richard

I'm off to the unStable Bar to begin a vigil...

Synchronise watches! :lol:

okay, it's after the magic hour - what shall we discuss - ummm ..... very tired tonight zzzzzzzzz

(see original post!)

Nah, just handbags at dawn ...

aw wriggles!

Insomnia rule KO?

and I have now got a whole lot of new crap to keep me away from the sandman!! Dammit!

aw wriggles!

Insomnia rule KO?

'Fraid so, 'tis usually pointless going to bed but I think I'll try a bath and then settle down with the excitement that is last month's Waterways World. If reading the same article for the 5th time in twenty years doesn't work I'll come back as something may well kick off and as I missed everything (everything!) today I don't want to miss out! ...... plus I want to know how Richard's vigil is going and whether he sees Baloo's ghost.

So - is there any kind of solution? I think I would KILL to WANT/NEED to go to sleep at around 10.30 or 11pm. And to get that kind of sleep that really refreshes. And would therefore be up and ready to go in the morning.

Insomnia had plagued me for so many years.

So - is there any kind of solution? I think I would KILL to WANT/NEED to go to sleep at around 10.30 or 11pm. And to get that kind of sleep that really refreshes. And would therefore be up and ready to go in the morning.

It's a sod isn't it? Valerian sometimes works when I get very tired but I feel groggy for a long time afterwards. Failing that, the Piriton I take for hay fever will also knock me out, but most of the time I don't bother. In amny ways it's a blessing as I do seem to get more done than most, it's just littered with errors and often not done to the best of my ability which is annoying.

I probably fall into the same category as Dhutch in as much as i seem to be busy at the wrong times of the day but when my head hits the pillow i do sleep well.

It's a sod isn't it? Valerian sometimes works when I get very tired but I feel groggy for a long time afterwards. Failing that, the Piriton I take for hay fever will also knock me out, but most of the time I don't bother. In amny ways it's a blessing as I do seem to get more done than most, it's just littered with errors and often not done to the best of my ability which is annoying.

So do you go without sleep for really long periods or do you never really sleep at all, its something I dont have any close connection with.

You could try searching the archives for some of my longest and most boring posts!

I've certainly managed to dredge up one or two that look like even I was falling asleep when I wrote them, so they might just have the same effect on you. :lol:

Seriously though, I have been suffering a lot of sleeplessness recently, not something I have done traditionally. Mine though, usually takes the form of managing to fall asleep for some hours, then waking ridiculously early, and not being able to switch off again.

Seriously though, I have been suffering a lot of sleeplessness recently, not something I have done traditionally. Mine though, usually takes the form of managing to fall asleep for some hours, then waking ridiculously early, and not being able to switch off again.

Do you think its a lifestyle evolvement thing Alan or an inevitable physiological change

Edited by soldthehouse

Doing what or is that out of bounds?

Well in all honesty, for the last four hours ive been on the forum and talking to the other moderators.

- Before that i spend the morning on group project work, kicking of with geting up a 6 to have something to show for the meeting at 10.

- Then after the meeting i spend the early afternoon working on the kitcar as wednesdays afternoons is a sort of respite session.

- I then settled down to do some work for a 10pge essay on EDEF0 my lecture wants in some time soon for my plm modual load of rubbish.

Now however, its time to back up the forum and call it bedtime, or i will never make my lectures tomorrow!

Daniel