Help!!

FrigateCaptain

Featured Posts

The odd thing is that it has been OK all week.

Our boat has a valve to shut the supply off from the boiler to the calorifier, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Is there a bypass between the outlet of the hot and cold water pumps? A valve that could link the outlets together if a pump failed? If so, is it open?

Richard

We have very tepid water and the motors been going for atleast 2 hours, its been fine all week as we've been hammering it during the day.

We own a Ex ABC alvechurch with a Alde and calofirer.

Any idea what the problem could be?? The missus is doing her nut

Is there plenty of coolant/antifreeze in the engine?

Tell the wife to calm down - things go wrong on boats.

The odd thing is that it has been OK all week.

Our boat has a valve to shut the supply off from the boiler to the calorifier, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Is there a bypass between the outlet of the hot and cold water pumps? A valve that could link the outlets together if a pump failed? If so, is it open?

Richard

Theres a valve towards the floor in the airing cupboard next to where the alde is, thats wide open.

We have to pumps down in the bow locker, only one is doing anything, the other i dont think i've heard working.

I have no idea where to find the coolant ect on the Isuzu engine.

How do i get hot water from the Alde?

It is a long time since I hired an Alvechurch boat but there used to be two circuits from the Alde, the radiator circuit could be turned off by a valve near the boiler then all the output would run to the calorifier (hot water tank). Seem to remember though that the room thermostat had be to maximum, so the pump would run, water temperature is then controlled by the boiler thermostat.

As others have said check the engine for water level and possibly leaks, there may be an airlock in the engine calorifier circuit.

Try running the engine up to temperature with the radiator cap off, this may shift an airlock no guarantees and you take the risk, very hot water will be involved. ( I take no responsibility if you try this, please be careful)

Theres a valve towards the floor in the airing cupboard next to where the alde is, thats wide open.

We have to pumps down in the bow locker, only one is doing anything, the other i dont think i've heard working.

I have no idea where to find the coolant ect on the Isuzu engine.

How do i get hot water from the Alde?

Forget it, I was wrong about the bypass thing. Check out the two pumps some other time.

The Alde will have an outlet that splits into two after the pump. One branch goes around the radiators, the other goes through the calorifier. There is probably a shut off valve in the branch to the radiators so you can have hot water in the summer without having the radiators on.

The question about the water level in the engine is a good one.

However. When we bought our boat from Alvechurch they were extremely helpful when we called them up afterwards. Give the base you bought it from a ring, they will know the boat better than anyone.

Richard

Forget it, I was wrong about the bypass thing. Check out the two pumps some other time.

The Alde will have an outlet that splits into two after the pump. One branch goes around the radiators, the other goes through the calorifier. There is probably a shut off valve in the branch to the radiators so you can have hot water in the summer without having the radiators on.

The question about the water level in the engine is a good one.

However. When we bought our boat from Alvechurch they were extremely helpful when we called them up afterwards. Give the base you bought it from a ring, they will know the boat better than anyone.

Richard

Engine level is fine, tried shutting down radiators to no avail, anyone got the number for Alvechurch as the one listed on the website doesnt work

• 2 weeks later...