porthole bungs

Featured Posts

I know that port hole bungs have been discussed at length before but does anyone have any idea as to the way forward if you remove the port hole glass in the back cabin when it is hot weather (so that you get some air during the night) - but - at the same time stop wee beasties from entering?

Someone suggested curtain wire with a gauze stretched around but I cannot see how this works?

Any help or advice would be great - cheers. :lol:

I know that port hole bungs have been discussed at length before but does anyone have any idea as to the way forward if you remove the port hole glass in the back cabin when it is hot weather (so that you get some air during the night) - but - at the same time stop wee beasties from entering?

Someone suggested curtain wire with a gauze stretched around but I cannot see how this works?

Any help or advice would be great - cheers. :lol:

That's what I use. Cut a length of curtain wire the circumference of the hole and fasten it into a true circle by cutting the head off a brass nail and threading it into both ends of the wire. Cut a piece of old fine curtain netting to a bigger circle and stitch it round the wire. Push the finished item in the hole till it jams in place.

I also use them permanently in mushroom vents because the wee beasties love dropping in to see you:-)

George ex nb Alton retired

We dont have the problem described here but on a different note..my missus is not a sewer. At the moment we block up our port holes at night with some discs of plywood that me and Vic made....what SHE wants is some nice round cushions to poke in them...Does anyone know where I can get some...we have the fairly commomn 11" port holes.

We dont have the problem described here but on a different note..my missus is not a sewer. At the moment we block up our port holes at night with some discs of plywood that me and Vic made....what SHE wants is some nice round cushions to poke in them...Does anyone know where I can get some...we have the fairly commomn 11" port holes.

Why not make cushions by undersizing your plywood circles slightly, then using foam both sides, covered with fabric, stapled back to the plywood? Perhaps google how to do buttoning and put a central button in?

If she were she'd probably attract flies! wink.gif

It took me a while too, to understand that was related to sewing! :lol:

Thought it was something to do with George's

wee beasties love dropping in to see you:
!

PC