IN-Line Filters Website

churchward

Featured Posts

Is anybody else having trouble accessing the in-line filters web-site?

I tried tonight to see about ordering some oil filters but drew a blank. I just got the IE error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

http://www.inlinefilters.co.uk/

Edited by churchward

I tried tonight to see about ordering some oil filters but drew a blank. I just got the IE error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

www.inlinefilters.co.uk

Yes I have the same problem. Just use my method - try again tomorrow. And you can phone - they're very helpful. 01579321352

Mac

www.inlinefilters.co.uk

Same problem with Firefox -also tried googling it with the same lack of success.

Site clearly down at the moment.

Hope you have more luck tomorrow!

Stewey

Yes I have the same problem. Just use my method - try again tomorrow. And you can phone - they're very helpful. 01579321352

Mac

Indeed. I am a regular customer of theirs for all sorts of filters for several types of engines. The site was down a few weeks ago due to a server upgrade according to a customer notice I received. We will see what tomorrow and a phone call brings.

It's working now.

T :lol:

That's odd it still doesn't work for me on Explorer.

Edited to say:

Even odder is that I can access their site from my work laptop using IE7 (using the same INTERNET connection) but not from my home desktop PC using IE8. I seem to be able to access the INTERNET well enough on everything else (otherwise I couldn't post this). Probably some kind of cache issue.

Edited by churchward

That's odd it still doesn't work for me on Explorer.

Edited to say:

Even odder is that I can access their site from my work laptop using IE7 (using the same INTERNET connection) but not from my home desktop PC using IE8. I seem to be able to access the INTERNET well enough on everything else (otherwise I couldn't post this). Probably some kind of cache issue.

Hi Phil,

Try holding down Ctrl whilst hitting the refresh icon on IE8

T :lol:

Odd indeed.

Not really, looks like a DNS issue as I can't resolve the ip address by ping/nslookup (tried a few root servers). If the site works for you it may not in the future when the DNS system catches up with you, or the DNS servers you use may be already updated with the new IP address and the rest of us need to wait and catchup!

Edit to say just used OpenDNS servers to get there and these resolve www.inlinefilters.co.uk as 212.78.232.140, if you use http://212.78.232.140 you should be able to surf the site, however half the site relies on resolving it self so no style sheets, etc.

If you want to quickly use the site set your DNS servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. If you don't know how to browse to https://www.opendns.com/start/ for a guide. (you could set the www.inlinefilters.co.uk ip address in your local hosts file as well, for a quick getaround).

Edited by Robbo

Not really, looks like a DNS issue as I can't resolve the ip address by ping/nslookup (tried a few root servers). If the site works for you it may not in the future when the DNS system catches up with you, or the DNS servers you use may be already updated with the new IP address and the rest of us need to wait and catchup!

But that doesn't explain why Churchward was able to access it with one pc but not another, both accessing the web through the same wan (Post 6), does it?

But that doesn't explain why Churchward was able to access it with one pc but not another, both accessing the web through the same wan (Post 6), does it?

It might do as my desktop PC will be resolving the IP address through a Pipex/Tiscali server but my Laptop is just piggy backing through the Pipex server (same broadband shared connection) to get to my company Network and resolving the IP address from there.

Once you can get onto their website there is no issue I have already had notification from Inline that my order has been shipped.

Edited by churchward

His work laptop could be using a different DNS server or have a proxy server set and vice versa.

I had this note from In-line filters this morning which helps to explain things. Looks all is well now.

".........Sincere apologies to all our customers for the downtime on our website recently.

Our web host, an arm of BT, pulled out of the hosting business unexpectedly and we have been madly migrating our site to a new hosting company over the last few days. Not something we would like to have to do very often beleive me!

The site is now up and running again and everything is back to normal.

In the long run I expect this to be a move for the best. The new people seem pretty switched on so we expect to be able to implement plenty of exciting innovations on the site in the future.

Best regards,

Neville Wootton........"

Edited by churchward