Finance Rejection

anthony

Featured Posts

Come on mods do ya stuff! Don't think Anthony deserves this flak as a new member, not that he can't handle it  :(

30435[/snapback]

what flak is this then nigel?i have give no flak to anthony and your right he can look after himself as his posts show.

i dont know why you are trying to suggest trouble that is not there.anthony has ended with a smilie.

dont get hysterical over nothing nigel :lol:

he he... am I suppose to bite at that last little gem?  :lol:

30444[/snapback]

Thanks for the consearn.

I have asked for people's thoughts and they have given them, although some of the assumptions made if said in a bar IM sure would result in a firm slap as they are very rude.

The outcome is we need to repair our credit and possibly get on the electrol role.

We are both hard working people so we will be ok.

On Saturday we put down a deposit and offer on a boat pending a hull survey.

So we will see how things turn out.

Cheers. :(

I do not think anybody made assumptions, personally I certainly did not

Your two reasons were not really good reasons backed by any substance but thanks for the effort anyway.

I just made a statement that I could only think of two reasons not to be on the electoral roll. If you know of any others I would like to know. I have just thought of another one, being homeless.

a firm slap as they are very rude. I abhor violence and is in most situations unnecessary but you being a qualified, police checked doorman you would know that.

The outcome is we need to repair our credit and possibly get on the electoral role.

Good luck and may it happen soon

We are both hard working people so we will be ok.

I am sure you are and will be

On Saturday we put down a deposit and offer on a boat pending a hull survey.7.gif

Great, let us know how you get on

Thanks Bootle.

I do not condone violence either.

However IM pointing out that certain comments made by people online if made in the real world would not go unchecked and in some cases result in such people getting themselves in a silly situation.

An internet connection isnt a ticket to run your mouth off without the same regard or manner you would usually instill out and about.

Those responsible know who there are and frankly it flows over me as water off a ducks back.

As you said Bootle IM a professional.

Thank you for pointing that out :lol:

Anthony wrote,

However IM pointing out that certain comments made by people online if made in the real world would not go unchecked and in some cases result in such people getting themselves in a silly situation.

An internet connection isnt a ticket to run your mouth off without the same regard or manner you would usually instill out and about.

Try as I have, I cannot find anything in this thread which I would consider to be offensive or inappropriate. Yes comments have been made which some would consider personal, but lets face it, this is a personal subject anyway.Comments made by me were meant as constructive and not derogatory. I reckon some people are being over sensitive here, if you don't like the answers it may well be the question thats wrong.

Had I meant to be offensive, I would not of wished you well at the end of my comments. I still hope it works out for the best for you both.

Specifically which parts of the thread concern you?

Edited by david and julie

hello

Im afraid i havnt got time to read the whole post this may have been said but i have had experiance only last year into buying a boat on a finance basis.........

We applied with barclys, Both me and my gf were 19 had a couple of credit cards, very small amount of bills. e.g 200 quid between us a month.

Cause we was both young our income wasnt huge between us it was about 24k a year not bad i thoguht....

We was turned down by barclays, the letter stated credit scoring, id be damed we was both good with money and always ran good acounts...

I called up to have a moan, and they told me it wasnt credit, thats just a kind of standerd letter that gets sent. are credit was ok but the amount we earnt wasnt enough as a marine morgage has to have the boat within a marina......... and the costings of that and the boat etc they diddnt think we was able to afford

So after relising my credit wasnt bad i aplied for a personal loan of 15k and my girlfriend 12k we was both accepted and bought out boat that way....... its worth a try and i would sugest using your bank to do it

hope this helps

ross

As a by the by regards financing a boat:

I approached my bank and asked for a personal loan of £25k and the payments were £x per month which I thought was a bit steep. I then went to my building society and got a loan for £33k at over £100/month less and a year less to pay.

The loan was put down as a home improvement loan (at the suggestion of them) and now I will have the loan paid of in 2 years instead of 3.

Moral of the story is to shop around and find what is best for you.

Colin

Colinjw

I put this in just to clarify what you did:

Personal loan from bank will cost more than 'second mortgage' from building society you are comparing 'apples and oranges' if you had asked your bank for a 'second mortgage' their rates would have been on par with the building society.

By taking the 'second mortgage' the lender has a call on your house and if the worse happened they get their money by selling your house.

By all means shop around but beware of what you are comparing.

As the small print says "your home is at risk if you do not keep up the payments"

Colinjw

I put this in just to clarify what you did:

Personal loan from bank will cost more than 'second mortgage' from building society you are comparing 'apples and oranges' if you had asked your bank for a 'second mortgage'  their rates would have been on par with the building society.

By taking the 'second mortgage' the lender has a call on your house and if the worse happened they get their money by selling your house.

By all means shop around but beware of what you are comparing.

As the small print says "your home is at risk if you do not keep up the payments"

31257[/snapback]

Anyone is foolish to take anymore than 80% of the value of the house, if you intend to release equity be sure to have a buffer zone. Besides its a good idea Abbey national base rate tracker which is 0.5% below the bank of England fixed for 2 years. I recalculated my finances, starting the mortgage again using 80% of the equity from the house my payments increased by £50 per month.

Yes

Absolutely, by decreasing your equity you increase your risk of loosing your home at worst and at best getting into negative equity where the value of your home is worth less than your mortgage.

I know a couple who got into negative equity and are still, after something like 10 years paying for the priviledge.

The housing market is like the stock market in that it goes up and down.

Personally I'm glad to be out of it.

Have a look at http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk

There's some interesting statistics on there.

I appreciate what the previous 3 posts are saying but my mortgage is now paid off and I do have the cash to settle the loan if required. It just suits me at the moment to go down the road I am taking.

As regards negative equity, my flat is worth £100k more than I paid for it so I can't see it falling that much.

Colin

Bootle wind your neck in sunshine your way off.

You couldnt hit my nerves if you tried matey there made of steel.

I dont moan but if i want to make a valid point about the leader of this country being a lying twat i will thank you very much.

If  dont want to vote its for a very valid reason.

Your two reasons were not really good reasons backed by any substance but thanks for the effort anyway. :lol:

30432[/snapback]

Frankly I am amazed that someone as argumentative as yourself passed as a doorman, I just bet that lots of your "clients" fall down the stairs!

Anyone who can put such aggression into (albeit poorly spelt) answering people who have taken the time to answer your own cry for help, clearly has issues with life, and uses "mass media invented" excuses as to why life s**ts all over you, should NOT be looking after vulnerable people late at night!

No doubt expressing my own opinion will result in yet another torrent of (attempted) abuse and sarcasm from yourself.

By way of answering your original question, it was my experience that you can no longer dissapear from society for very long (I should point out I was personally avoiding an ex wife NOT any official body!). As discussed on other threads you cannot "object" to the rules of society and then expect to benefit from them.

As for some of the comments, well Anthony you did give the impression that you were likekley to "dissapear" once you had the finance!!!

Clearly, from your objections we have all got you wrong...

Or have we... :(

LOL lymmranger

IM sorry if you do not like my manner or my spelling.

IM trying though as i have a lot of difficulty with spelling.

However before judging me i would love to invite you to come and shadow me at work on a Saturday night.

You will then see that IM cute soft and furry like a teddy bear standing in the way of you and the drunken nutcase who wants to rip your lungs out i will then hand you a print out of your post and take a tea break.

I live in the real world matey and beleive it or not I'am a very well liked person.

Expressing one's self in type effectively is not something I pretend to be good at.

PS. IM not a social worker Love. :lol:

Have a nice day :D

Oh i forgot to mention being argumentive is exactly what a Door person needs to be in order to prevent violence.

Sarcasm being a very poor form of wit is exactly what people under the influence respond to.

For the record I despise bully door people who throw people downstairs and have sly digs.

I have reported endless door staff for doing so and received a lot of flak for it.

Im registered Door safe and take pride in the standard required and have passed several under cover surveys including independant serveys in some of Manchesters roughest bars and clubs while under violent pressure.

Its hard sometimes to se the good in people and to switch off please forgive me i f I have riled you.

Dont bother correcting my spelling ect i know its wrong as IM dislexic or however you spell it. :lol:

How are you getting on with Mr Bunbury, anthony - still going ahead?

31343[/snapback]

Thanks for asking Breal.

Its a minefield but after a session of question and answers with the boat broker tomorrow and hopefully a look under the flooring a final figure will be settled.

Im off to work now.

Thanks.

Oh i forgot to mention being argumentive is exactly what a Door person needs to be in order to prevent violence.

Sarcasm being a very poor form of wit is exactly what people under the influence respond to.

For the record I despise bully door people who throw people downstairs and have sly digs.

I have reported endless door staff for doing so and received a lot of flak for it.

Im registered Door safe and take pride in the standard required and have passed several under cover surveys including independant serveys in some of Manchesters roughest bars and clubs while under violent pressure.

Its hard sometimes to se the good in people and to switch off please forgive me i f I have riled you.

Dont bother correcting my spelling ect i know its wrong as IM dislexic or however you spell it. :D

31341[/snapback]

Fair do`s...

I used to work on the door myself and I apologise that was probably a bit below the belt.....

...especially with the psychos of today!

Must be why you want to escape to a boat!!!

:lol:  :D  :D