Spooky

zimmer4me

Featured Posts

Here is a true story that happened to me and the wife a couple of weeks back.

We have been through the Blisworth Tunnel on countless occasions as this part of the GU is our neck of the woods but on this particular occasion something really strange happened.

When we entered the tunnel from the Blisworth end there was nobody in front of us. "H.I.D." always sits upfront in the cratch looking forward as she hates it.

About a third of the way through I was surprised to see what appeared to be the end of the tunnel which I had not seen before on previous trips but this day was particulary bright so I though nothing of it.

This "end of the tunnel" appeared as a low level white light similarly to when you squint.

Anyway we carried on through and I began to see the another more orange in colour dull light that started to block out the other white light. I assumed this was a boat coming towards us as the new light got stronger abd stronger. After about 5 minutes or so I was convinced it was a boat and to allow a safe pass I paired the engine back to tick over and continued slowly as this light was now quite bright and previous experience tells me that we would pass in less than 2 mins.

Here is the spooky bit....It then just dissappeared completely.

As it was a bit of a shock I called out to Marion(H.I.D) in the cratch and before I could say anything she shouted where did that boat go ?

We cannot explain what happened but at our expected pass point we hit some timber floating.

I was trying to rationalise this assuming that it was a boat ahead of us going out of the tunnel with a light at the back that was a trick of the light but that made no sense and as we came out there were no boats that had passed ahead or had the reached the stoke bruerne locks.

I do not believe in ghosts and have always been a sceptic but this experience did not make sense.

Anyone else had anything strange happen to them ?

Regards

JK

perhaps the boat sank if you hit some timber :lol:

sometimes diesel fumes give off an orange glow but it doesn't sound like what you saw, where we use to moor at Blisworth to turn round you had to go through the tunnel, turn round just outside and then back through the other way approx 4 miles underground. never saw anything weird though.

Does'nt the trip boat go in to the tunnel a bit, then back out? just a thought  :lol:

Yeah, when 'we' got 'stuck' in the harecastle, i got a simular thing happening.

- The BW rescue boat came in part way, with headlights blaring and then backed out having seen that we where still moving.

Daniel

Does'nt the trip boat go in to the tunnel a bit, then back out? just a thought  :lol:

30246[/snapback]

YES you are right and thinking back that did happen to us. the trip boat does go into the tunnel for a bit then backs out so it never gets to you and then dissapears but we met it turning round in the winding hole.

If you were further back and it was murky with fumes that may explain it as it would have been back on its moorings when you got out the other end.

Prefer the shipwreck ghost theorys myself much more interesting. :D

Well thats it then....no chance of the wife going in the tunnel again unless she has the garlic, silver bullets,crosses and a blanket to hide under... LOL

PS didn't see any of the trip boats (NB Indian Chief etc) at the time nor did I think it was the air vents.

This non believer will just have to go with me brown trousers on next time.

jk

ok here is the answer courtesy of my wife. :lol:

http://www.waterscape.com/servicesdirector...h_Tunnel/sid272

30281[/snapback]