Morso

daveyboy

Featured Posts

I have a Morso Squirrel stove that is just under 10 years old (still just in warranty). The back plate has developed a crack on it at the top rear right corner. I have sent photo etc to Morso who have just informed me that the crack is due to my misuse apparently. Something to do with condensation. I don't have the user manual with me at the moment, but I am sure it doesn't mention anyting about that, but I could be wrong. Morso are not honouring their guarantee. You have been warned.

There are plenty of multi-fuel stoves on the market, some a lot cheaper than Morso and not from recognised boating sources, any ideas for a replacement? I am loathe to acquire another Morso now on priciple. Anyone need squirrel spares!

Edited by daveyboy

I have a Morso Squirrel stove that is just under 10 years old (still just in warranty). The back plate has developed a crack on it at the top rear right corner. I have sent photo etc to Morso who have just informed me that the crack is due to my misuse apparently. Something to do with condensation. I don't have the user manual with me at the moment, but I am sure it doesn't mention anyting about that, but I could be wrong. Morso are not honouring their guarantee. You have been warned.

There are plenty of multi-fuel stoves on the market, some a lot cheaper than Morso and not from recognised boating sources, any ideas for a replacement? I am loathe to acquire another Morso now on priciple. Anyone need squirrel spares!

It depends if you want a cast or welded steel stove. I do like the Morso's for cast iron stoves but if you don't mind welded steel then how about the Stovax Stockton range. We have one at home and it is very good.

It seems it is quite common for Morso Squirrels to crack at the back. Can you challenge their assessment? Perhaps they are just doing the usual insurance co put-off; it might be worth going back to them and saying you disagree with their findings. If it is under warranty and it cracks through no misuse I think you should get your claim.

I will look into it. Cheers.

I agree with you obviously. I have replied but do not hold out any hope. If I challenge them they will just say ok, get it independently tested etc. etc. and then perhaps. . . .Using forums like this is perhaps a better way of showing others that a 10 year guarantee is not really worth the paper it is written on. More importantly, there are cheaper stoves on the market that offer a lifetime guarantee! I only wish I could write a song about it!

I agree with you obviously. I have replied but do not hold out any hope. If I challenge them they will just say ok, get it independently tested etc. etc. and then perhaps. . . .Using forums like this is perhaps a better way of showing others that a 10 year guarantee is not really worth the paper it is written on. More importantly, there are cheaper stoves on the market that offer a lifetime guarantee! I only wish I could write a song about it!

I will look into it. Cheers.

Did you write to them twice? :lol: :lol:

I have to admit, while we love or squiral, and it is a cracking good stove (no pun intended). We also found simular when we got a crack in the top of the stove at about 12 years old.

- Out of warrenty, and we didnt have any paper work for it anyway. But it seamed they didnt really want to offer us a spare/replacment part.

In the end i guess they won, becuase we bought a whole new one. But still there we go. They do work very well.

Daniel