whatever floats your boat

gaggle

Featured Posts

when you want to put a boat on the cut what steps need to be taken, tell who what when and where.

insurance costs will be about how much ? 57ft cruiser nb all certificates in order new boat

licence how much

any advice about insurance company,s used by forum members.recommendations or stay clear of

good luck bad luck things to do even though i am not superstitious really,what will be will be

is it true that i must buy a parrot

just kidding ."thats what i have told the kids"

any advice gratefully taken

You can get useful information that you need before you go boating at waterscape.com including information about licence costs.

I use Collidge & Partners to get my insurance and have always found them helpful and competitive but you may want to shop around. Try a Google search on "narrowboat insurance".

Have you got a mooring for the boat? If not and you don't intend to cruise all year round, start looking NOW!

Parrots, hats with SKIPPER on the front and wooden legs are optional extras. If you want to be talked about/jeered at/an object for pity - get all three!

Parrots, hats with SKIPPER on the front and wooden legs are optional extras. If you want to be talked about/jeered at/an object for pity - get all three!

Wooden legs are out, but Big COL has been espied hobbling around on a crutch. No parrot though.

• 2 weeks later...

if the crane is sorted monday will see me as a new boater on me new boat.

i suppose i should not count my chickens but months have passed and the excitement is building up to a cresendo of joy.

kids are climbing the walls but no more than me.

it wont break my spirit if its not monday but my fingers toes legs everything is crossed .

sleep is not coming easy i know that much.

the sun has got its hat on,hip hip hip hip hooray my boat in the water so i can go out to play.

better sort the drinks out for the lads at the builders and just a few for the boat. :lol::(

Well done gaggle, i hope it all goes well.

Noah was the first, and last boat builder to finish on time!

And as the storys tell it, he only just got there intime.

- And i dont recall and detail about the electrical side of the boat.

- My guess is that was done after the initial launch!

Daniel

Better still get the whole class/school along.

That one trip for them to see the launch could have so many repercussions, maybe more respect for boaters , less vandalism/yob behaviour.

It may even 'recruit' more canal lovers.

Headline local press:

Gaggle starts peaceful revolution in schooling.

Today Gaggle started a revolutionary way of teaching in schools, he made it interesting,

Ps. Gaggle well done, hope it is more enjoyable than you could imagine.

Edited by bottle

if the crane is sorted monday will see me as a new boater on me new boat.

i  suppose i should not count my chickens but months have passed and the excitement is building up to a cresendo of joy.

kids are climbing the walls but no more than me.

it wont break my spirit if its not monday but my fingers toes legs everything is crossed .

sleep is not coming easy i know that much.

the sun has got its hat on,hip hip hip hip hooray my boat in the water so i can go out to play.

better sort the drinks out for the lads at the builders and just a few for the boat. :(  :D

30943[/snapback]

Hey Gaggle !

I know the feeling well - I just bought my first NB 3 weeks ago - a 62 footer. I was having kittens for over a week, as I had to hire a tug driver to tow her from her berth on the Regents Canal in London, up to Watford. There she was craned out onto a low loader and brought by road (Richard Dempster) up to Barnoldswick (Near Burnley, Lancashire). There she was craned onto the Leeds & Liverpool and I then cruised her up to her permanent mooring.....after never having cruised my own boat before!! What a learning curve that was !!! But it was fun and made for an interesting Saturday...... :lol:

Better still get the whole class/school along.

It may even 'recruit' more canal lovers. more respect for boaters , less vandalism/yob behaviour.

Its deffonatly a good idea, depening on the school, they may be up for it.

Daniel

I say take the kids, it is something they will always remember.

Yeah, i was there when emilyanne was pulled out of the mill and taken to Worsley, for her maiden voyage. In 1991

- Which makes me 4 at the time, but i still rememder it clearly, how they pulled the boat out using the winch on the back ot the lowloader, and then spent ages possitioning the straps to lift it (and then chaked on the possitions, for when they got to the other end) and then the champaine bottle bouncing off the hull, still verymuch in one peice, again, and again, and again, and smash as the got the corner of the swimplate!

- A great day for all! Make sure you've got a Camera!

Although as mike says, H&S would have a feild day at almost all boatyards!

Daniel