Spider Catcher

Ange

Featured Posts

I can tolerate small and medium sized spiders on the boat - particularly as they catch the rather annoying flies. However, we returned to the boat the other day and sitting happily on the settee was a HUGE hairy legged spider :lol:

Dave knew I'd bought a spider catcher a while ago, so announced that he could live with Mr Spider quite happily so if I wanted it gone it was up to me. Very tentatively I wielded it for the first time.

It worked a treat! I was able to scoop up said spider at arms length, carry it through the boat knowing it was completely trapped and would not escape and run up my arm (yeek), and deposit it safely on the towpath (I can't bring myself to squash them - I was raised with the rhyme "if you want to live and thrive, let a spider run alive")

Anyway, linky to my spider catcher below.

http://www.spidercatcher.net/product.htm

all you need is an old pair of tights or stockings, a vacuum cleaner with hose, and a a firm grip (both on the tights and on life!!! :lol: )...

Cut off the foot of the tights/stockings to use as a net, place it into the vacuum hose nozzle, keep tight hold of the net and power up your vacuum (assuming you remembered to plug it in!!), then place the nozzle near to the spider and hopefully it'll get swept up into the net, and once done so, quickly power off the vacuum, pull out the net and close off the opened end (tie it up if you like, but it's easier to release the spider on someone else's boat if you don't!!!), then take the spider out and release it some distance away from your boat... :lol:

Simples*... :lol:

*damn that meerkat!!!

• 2 months later...

Vaccuum cleaner needs more electickery than I can provide this time of night without upsetting the neighbours (and hubby who is sleeping) by starting the engine!

My spider catcher scored another victory tonight - I just visited the little room for a pee and spotted a monster lurking above. Ran back and retrieved the spider catcher, re-entered the loo and no sight of Mr Monster. Moved the sliding door and there he was. Caught him in spider catcher and despatched him to towpath.

If I didn't have this implement I would have had to wake Dave or pee on the towpath

Gotta go now - puter is shouting that the battery has run out

:lol:

And the problem is? :lol:

Done that many times myself along the stretch of L&L you've travelled recently, probably why the blackberries are so good... :lol:

Lol - normally doesn't bother me but we're moored up opposite a boatyard at the mo and they have lights on all night - makes it a bit exposed! Men can be a little more discrete than ladies :lol:

all you need is an old pair of tights or stockings, a vacuum cleaner with hose, and a a firm grip (both on the tights and on life!!! :lol: )...

Cut off the foot of the tights/stockings to use as a net, place it into the vacuum hose nozzle, keep tight hold of the net and power up your vacuum (assuming you remembered to plug it in!!), then place the nozzle near to the spider and hopefully it'll get swept up into the net, and once done so, quickly power off the vacuum, pull out the net and close off the opened end (tie it up if you like, but it's easier to release the spider on someone else's boat if you don't!!!), then take the spider out and release it some distance away from your boat... :lol:

Simples*... :lol:

*damn that meerkat!!!

Seems rather complex.. what's wrong with a glass and a postcard?

Edited by grahoom