Battery wiring

Justme

Featured Posts

Would any one like to comment on this set up

bank.jpg

& the wiring is

I Charge & draw from both ends of the bank.

A/ Wind in 500W

B/ Inverter out 1000W

C/ Solar in 110W

D/ Caravan Supply Out 180W

These are max values & individually fused. It evens out the load across the bank & allows me to make multiple attachments without having to over stack off the terminals... weight was an issue.

Now to me that looks mad, but is it? He says its been working ok for 8 months. I would be worried if more than one charging source or load was opperational at the same time confusing the controllers.

I have of course pointed him to the battery interlink page on the smartgauge site.

Justme

Edited by Justme

Now to me that looks mad, but is it? He says its been working ok for 8 months. I would be worried if more than one charging source or load was opperational at the same time confusing the controllers.

It does look mad to me but I guess since it has been working for 8 months it can't have a short circuit as suggested above.

It does look like there will be a major imbalance in which battery is supplying the most and least of the load as described on Gibbo's site.

bank.jpg

& the wiring is

I have of course pointed him to the battery interlink page on the smartgauge site.

Justme

I would think that, if truly wired according to your diagram, it would provide good but short-term electrical heating in winter. :lol:

Roger

Yes

A = Wind generator

B = Inverter

C = Solar power

D = Caravan supply

Edit: Justme. Glad I am not the only one that read the first post :lol:

Edited by bottle

I'd compare the SGs of the batteries if possible.

Even if they're miles apart, it'll still work OK... but for how long?

cheers,

Pete.

Using the same symbols for the devices, how about this....

bank2.jpg

You could use the two end terminals as the bus-bar buy placing four wires on in each. But certainly thats about what you could be aiming for i think.

Daniel