sofa beds...

fun4now

Featured Posts

hi,

i am looking for a sofa bed for a very small boat, width wise there is no problem -140cms...but opened they are always too long :lol: as it is opened from side to side of the boat..have tried ikea etc...wondered if any one has had similiar probs or knows of any for sale

mark

i'm getting some fixed seating made... however i've been using an ikea futon. got it off ebay for £25. they fit perfectly when stretched out if you saw just one of the slats off. this doesn't comprimise the seating arrangment and is still ok for a 6ft person to sleep on.

i'm getting some fixed seating made... however i've been using an ikea futon. got it off ebay for £25. they fit perfectly when stretched out if you saw just one of the slats off. this doesn't comprimise the seating arrangment and is still ok for a 6ft person to sleep on.

hi..thanks,

yes i was looking at those this morning..and thought the same re cutting a slat off...i thought there might be a problem as they are so near the floor , its going to lie at the narrowest part of the boat

hi,

i am looking for a sofa bed for a very small boat, width wise there is no problem -140cms...but opened they are always too long :lol: as it is opened from side to side of the boat..have tried ikea etc...wondered if any one has had similiar probs or knows of any for sale

mark

Check out www.intosofa.com, I recently purchased a two seater sofa bed which was terrific value, very easy to get into the boat (comes in 4 packages) and really comfy.

Phil

There's this place too: http://www.nabru.co.uk/?source=affwin

I've not yet bought one but they appeal as you can still get storage under the seats.

Try looking at the futon company.they will have a website somewhere and shops in various cities. I have a oak framed futon.It makes a comfortable setee for 99.9% of the time and because it hinges along its axis ( or along the long way) it folds out into a decent double bed.It completely fills the width of my narrow boat but fits? In fact its bigger than my fixed bed.Had it about five years still good and solid. sorry I cant remember the price I paid.

I've got one on my boat which I was going to put on Ebay - if you are interested, email me and I'll send photos. It is small, folds out and it is sort of cushions on the floor - can go width ways or length ways.

Stickleback

'sticleback' i sent you an email..hopefully you will get

• 2 weeks later...
Check out www.intosofa.com, I recently purchased a two seater sofa bed which was terrific value, very easy to get into the boat (comes in 4 packages) and really comfy.

Phil

I have an Intosofa on my widebeam, it is 2.3m long when opened. I don't think it will fit in a narrowboat. ??

Phil

My son has an Intosofa Sofa bed, which he will be selling before he moves abroad. later this year. It hads only been slept omn a few times but is used as a sofa. It is in generally good condition but the material on the cushions is a bit rubbed (caused by them catching on the velcro which became detatched from the front of the sofa)

The colour is a sort of honey Brown, if you are interested Send me a PM with your email address, and I can send you a photo. He wanted £150 for it but i think he would accept £1OO.

Not that exact one... I'll have the normal sofabed as the long bit and a single chair for the other length so I believe it will :lol: If not, I'll be back to choice number one :lol:

I ask cos I was thinking of similar, but it's 157x 210, just over 5 foot on the short side, which I think is too big.

If you took the arm off the corner unit then I recon it'd be alright, but I've emailed them and asked and you can't make em work without the arms.

N_left_chair.gifN_right_standard.gif

I'm gonna have to measure it up on thursday. Anyone got any experience of facing sofas longways down the boat? Is 4 foot wide the maximum?

-------------------------------

The 'standard' sofa bed on intosofa is 140cm/55inches/4.6 feet wide, which may fit, but would only expand to single bed (90cm wide).

Hmm,

LG_Nichole_Standard_sofabed_LARGE.jpg

On nabru you can design without arms, but even then it's 154cm minimum width, which is just over 5 foot. Like this:

screenshotcornersofasmo.png

Edited by deletedaccount

Not that exact one... I'll have the normal sofabed as the long bit and a single chair for the other length so I believe it will :lol: If not, I'll be back to choice number one :lol:

Mae sure you measure your doors - it's one thing it fitting in the cabin, but another thing entirely getting it through the cabin doors!

I ask cos I was thinking of similar, but it's 157x 210, just over 5 foot on the short side, which I think is too big.

If you took the arm off the corner unit then I recon it'd be alright, but I've emailed them and asked and you can't make em work without the arms.

N_left_chair.gifN_right_standard.gif

I'm gonna have to measure it up on thursday. Anyone got any experience of facing sofas longways down the boat? Is 4 foot wide the maximum?

The 'standard' sofa bed on intosofa is 140cm/55inches/4.6 feet wide, which may fit, but would only expand to single bed (90cm wide).

Hmm,

LG_Nichole_Standard_sofabed_LARGE.jpg

On nabru you can design without arms, but even then it's 154cm minimum width, which is just over 5 foot. Like this:

screenshotcornersofasmo.png

Yes, I just 'made' one on that site too... so the short side without an arm comes in at 5' :lol: That's enough to squeeze past for me :lol: I'm only ickly myself! Good price too!

This is it but I'd want a mirror set-up

lrg_2X3dundeechocolate.jpg

Edited by Soulgirl

Yes, I just 'made' one on that site too... so the short side without an arm comes in at 5' :lol: That's enough to squeeze past for me :lol: I'm only ickly myself! Good price too!

This is it but I'd want a mirror set-up

lrg_2X3dundeechocolate.jpg

Looks ideal, apart from the squeeze, but def would give the "two separate rooms" feel to my kitchen diner and saloon.

I'm not sure if the sofabed part will fit extended across the cabin, it may have to be twirled around for that. But if you remove the other arm it's pretty much a single bed anyway imo.

I'll wouldn't mind seeing yours in place before I get one myself. :lol:

Edited by deletedaccount

Looks ideal, apart from the squeeze, but def would give the "two separate rooms" feel to my kitchen diner and saloon.

I'm not sure if the sofabed part will fit extended across the cabin, it may have to be twirled around for that. But if you remove the other arm it's pretty much a single bed anyway imo.

I'll wouldn't mind seeing yours in place before I get one myself. :lol:

We found measuring up for "standard" sofas on a boat a very frustrating experience. You get it all just about worked out on a floorplan only to discover you forgot that the height of the back. So instead of sitting under the gunnels it comes another 4" into the room.

Check the height of the sofa back and the height of the gunnels when you are measuring up. You may find that squeeze even tighter than you thought!

Richard