Attacked on the River Avon

Cris P

Featured Posts

gaggle

Perhaps you would like to come with me someday? I would like to see your interaction with kids throwing stones. Perhaps you can catch airgun pellets?

29705[/snapback]

as i have said i will soon learn ,afloat soon

You really don't have a clue do you Gaggle.

What would you suggest we do, huh?

Why hello old chap, lovely chunk of metal your about to drop on my head (yes this has happened to me.. they only just missed though) - >

29708[/snapback]

are you sure it missed

why hello old chap,yes say that every time you meet them,oh please say that

you are a very abusive and interfering teenager yourself i would say sam,but like the kids with stones on the bridges when challenged you run away and cry that someone is picking on you.

i wont go into this with you to much sam,I THINK YOU KNOW WHY

i have spent very little time on the cut afloat but this summer miles and miles i have walked on leeds and liverpool shropshire union llangollen&montgomery and the canal at crick plus other location i will not go into however as i have said to others if you bother reading the threads properly you would already know this and how far i am in mygetting ready to be afloat.

i suspect that you just skim through posts looking for things you feel you may be entitled to moderate on,fact is sam you are not you are just another forum member,accept it and live with it.

Gaggle,

I am indeed another forum member, that is why i do not expect to get abuse from you all the time.

I do not interfere, i simply wanted to point out that untill you do get attacked you don;t have a clue, so you shouldn;t go around telling us how to deal with it and saying it is the individual boater who is the target because of who he is (your post to Enigma)

are you sure it missed

why hello old chap,yes say that every time you meet them,oh please say that

you are a very abusive and interfering teenager yourself i would say sam,but like the kids with stones on the bridges when challenged you run away and cry that someone is picking on you.

i wont go into this with you to much sam,I THINK YOU KNOW WHY

i have spent very little time on the cut afloat but this summer miles and miles i have walked on leeds and liverpool shropshire union llangollen&montgomery and the canal at crick plus other location i will not go into however as i have said to others if you bother reading the threads properly you would already know this and how far i am in mygetting ready to be afloat.

i suspect that you just skim through posts looking for things you feel you may be entitled to moderate on,fact is sam you are not you are just another forum member,accept it and live with it.

29730[/snapback]

Edited by Sam

why do you keep saying i abuse you sam .

i laugh at you and poke fun at you but i dont think of it as abuse and neither should you.you make me laugh sometimes ,i remember william hague and his first speech at party conference.you remind me of that incident,that is how i see you sorry but that is in my head

How many people have been attacked on the site and how many times?

It would be interesting to count it all up!

I have been attacked at least 10 times.. some serious some just stones.

I get attacked just about every time I write, Sam. It's no biggie. If this 'abuse' is your biggest problem you are doing well.

I seem to recall you splattered me once or twice.

I too remember Hague giving his first speech and I must agree with Gaggle. :lol:

Edited by Maffi

...you are a very abusive and interfering teenager yourself i would say sam,but like the kids with stones on the bridges when challenged you run away and cry that someone is picking on you.

...however as i have said to others if you bother reading the threads properly you would already know this and how far i am in mygetting ready to be afloat.

i suspect that you just skim through ...

Gaggle what are you going on about?

- As for reading your posts, if you take one good look at them, your'll proberbly see why they get skimed over, most of them are badly laid out blocks of text, which a few random bits in caps lock. There are no full stops, ever. There are no capital letters, except the bits in caps lock. There are never any breaks/paragraphs. And the weird thing you do where you miss out the space after every comma!

- The end result beeing, that for me atleast, 90% of your post are compleatly ilegable, with the other 10% beeing usless one liners.

This is a great shame as you do seam to have to interesting (if a little controvertial) points to make, as well as good ideas and such.

- And it makes following the threads very dificult when you have to skip over half the posts!

Daniel

well done dan right on que,i was hoping you would jump in defending your pal

i remember the last time you pointed out you found it differcult to read my posts.

so i thought i would try and rectify some things, like putting in a space after full stops and comma,s so you could see them.

i also tried to start fresh sentences on a new line.

for someone who can not even be bothered with his spelling, how very very dare you, HOW VERY VEERRRY DARE YOU INDEED to be so cheeky as to cwitazize my gwamma.its outwagis of yu..gaggle

sam go away please stop looking for attention.when you get it you cant take it and run to the mods.

you said earlier this was a serious topic so be good and stand on one leg.

put an egg in your boot sam,i dont wish to discuss with you further.

and sort your spelling as well

i remember the last time you pointed out you found it differcult to read my posts.

so i thought i would try and rectify some things, like putting in a space after full stops and comma,s so you could see them.

i also tried to start fresh sentences on a new line.

for someone who can not even be bothered with his spelling, how very very dare you, HOW VERY VEERRRY DARE YOU INDEED to be so cheeky as to cwitazize my gwamma.its outwagis of yu..gaggle

Well, im sorry if you what trying to improve the layout of your post for me, and im not trying to say that my post are perfect, i know that some of them are far from that.

- Im not trying to critasise (sp?) your grammer, im just trying to you to see it from my point of veiw, as somone who has genuine difficulty with reading and spelling.

As for my spelling, some of it may be a little rough in places, but beleave you me, i try bloody hard, its not all perfect, but its a hell of a lot better than it would if i 'didnt even bother' with my spelling.

- You would not beleave how much time i spend trying to get the spelling of my posts as good as i can, but its hard for me.

Daniel

This is one of the most entertaining threads I think we have ever had.

Someone earlier came up with what is probably the root cause of all of this (in combination for other bits, parents teachers etc), and that is TV.

It is no longer, 'Watch with mother', or the old 'Andy Pandy', or even 'He man and the masters of the universe.' TV for teenagers is far more sophisticated (although that is probably a bad word to use).

Kids are shouted at, and made to envy objects of desire (like iPods and other fashion items). The TV is often rude and crass, and they think that they can behave like that in the real world.

Look at 'The Simpsons' which I love and 'South Park' which I hate, both of these can give impressionable kids the impression that it is okay to behave like 'Bart, never mind the fact that Kenny is killed in every episode of 'South Park' in an often bloody manner. They think this is okay and because a great many parents will not let them go out and take risks (like climbing a tree or playing football in the street) for fear of abduction, when they do go out, they run wild. A little like kids who forget to take their Ritalin. The ADHD is significantly enhanced and they become unmanageable. They behave like their heroes (Rooney, Beckam and the like), never mind mimicing the antics of kiddies TV characters!

Maybe we shouldn't blame individual groups of people, but the whole of society should take responsibility!

Cheers

Jools

:lol:

Maybe we shouldn't blame individual groups of people, but the whole of society should take responsibility!

I think this is deffonatly true.

Also, the whole thing is a vicious circle, as these kid driff further away, people ignore them further, and they difft yet further, and so on.

- So often if you just aproach them and talk to them, there so compleatly shocked its almost funny. there just so used to beeing hated my sociaty that they almost have no option but to hate it back.

Now while i can only agree about the sorry state of our tellavison, i would recomend anyone to watch atleast ten minute of the current 'suppernanny' serise. while it may not be great to watch, its certainly an eye opener to the one of the many problems we are experiencing here.

- Maybe they should do a 'supermumofteenagers'?

Daniel

.......(in combination for other bits, parents teachers etc), and that is TV.

Cheers

Jools

:lol:

29753[/snapback]

Certainly don't blame teachers! They have an impossible job, especially when you look at the type of attitudes that come in to the classroom from both children and adults - don't believe me....

.....look at all the above postings and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Gaggle what are you going on about?

- As for reading your posts, if you take one good look at them, your'll proberbly see why they get skimed over, most of them are badly laid out blocks of text, which a few random bits in caps lock. There are no full stops, ever. There are no capital letters, except the bits in caps lock. There are never any breaks/paragraphs. And the weird thing you do where you miss out the space after every comma!

The end result beeing, that for me atleast, 90% of your post are compleatly ilegable, with the other 10% beeing usless one liners.

Thats good coming from someone that doesnt even make the effort to get his own name right.

Certainly don't blame teachers! They have an impossible job, especially when you look at the type of attitudes that come in to the classroom from both children and adults - don't believe me....

.....look at all the above postings and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Webcem is a teacher, so im quite sure he knows all about it.

Do You All want to know what the real problem with kids of today is ??

Well it`s quite simply that they have no punishment, they know darnd well they can do and say as they please and theres nothing no body can do about it. Unless they want to end up in court.

I know they`re not all bad, but by god the ones that are certainly know the system when it comes to who can get away with what, and it seems to fuel them whether on the canals or in the towns. They can even threaten teatchers with legal action now for gods sake.

This countries gone crazy kids used to get a cane or a clip round the ear ole, now what do they get?.... A very scary few words, if they`re lucky they`ll get expelled from school....what a treat.

The ones on here that say they would be determined to give them what for, whatever the consequences must remember that these kids, or at leaste the bad ones, are as equally determined as you are.

Bring back hanging for kids he he thats the answer surely?

Edited by Mr Who

i have said my early school days saw me and all the other kids good and bad being beaten on a daily basis and i mean beaten.the canes could be an inch thick and they would break them on our bodies,nuns did this.

so to say they need a good belt to change them wont work,the good belt can only be punishment or revenge for something they have done.

when half of the things they do are looked at in hindsight they can be very funny and so can our outrage at them.

i love to watch a defiant child in a supermarket bringing the parent to the point of tears,especially the mothers.

now there is someone who has not been mentioned or blamed for naughty kids

THE MOTHERS they have a lot to answer for.once they got the pill society began a downward spiral and it is plunging further and further down.

they want the lot, they demand the lot and if they dont get there own way you can bet your life there will be trouble,JUST A BIT LIKE THE CHILDREN WE ENTRUST INTO THERE CARE.

we may just be getting to the root of the problem now.

any thoughts on this anyone?

i have said my early school days saw me and all the other kids good and bad being beaten on a daily basis and i mean beaten.the canes could be an inch thick and they would break them on our bodies,nuns did this.

so to say they need a good belt to change them wont work,the good belt can only be punishment or revenge for something they have done.

when half of the things they do are looked at in hindsight they can be very funny and so can our outrage at them.

i love to watch a defiant child in a supermarket bringing the parent to the point of tears,especially the mothers.

now there is someone who has not been mentioned or blamed for naughty kids

THE MOTHERS they have a lot to answer for.once they got the pill society began a downward spiral and it is plunging further and further down.

they want the lot, they demand the lot and if they dont get there own way you can bet your life there will be trouble,JUST A BIT LIKE THE CHILDREN WE ENTRUST INTO THERE CARE.

we may just be getting to the root of the problem now.

any thoughts on this anyone?

29775[/snapback]

Lets hang the mothers too

I say hang all the grumpy old men :D

Not really.. just certain ones :D

i think that what MR WHO says is correct, kids are allowed more things and they know how to get them, i should know, i'm an expert :D:D:lol:

I think some of the kids are jealous! Although i'm sure there are many reasons!.