Federation of Bridgewater Cruising Clubs Rally 2009

Featured Posts

This years Rally takes place at Lymm Cruising Club on the Bridgewater Canal from Friday through to Monday and to date 213 boats have registered.

The moorings through the village on the towpath side will be suspended for the duration of the rally and boats will be 2 abreast in most places.

A floating bridge will be in operation across the canal at Lymm Cruising Club and minor delays may be expected throughout the weekend.

Any forum members going?

Is Liam going to show me his new boat on his way past?

Steve

With 213 boats attending I think Lymm is going to be full! Good news for the shops and pubs of a lovely location for the rally. I have recently moved my boat from the Bridgewater to the Shropshire Union to explore a new area, but I will miss weekends in Lymm and visits to Little Bollington this summer, although since I live 20 minutes away by car I may go and have a look this weekend.

With 213 boats attending I think Lymm is going to be full! Good news for the shops and pubs of a lovely location for the rally. I have recently moved my boat from the Bridgewater to the Shropshire Union to explore a new area, but I will miss weekends in Lymm and visits to Little Bollington this summer, although since I live 20 minutes away by car I may go and have a look this weekend.

Erm, can the mods delete this second post?

Edited by journeyperson

This years Rally takes place at Lymm Cruising Club on the Bridgewater Canal from Friday through to Monday and to date 213 boats have registered.

The moorings through the village on the towpath side will be suspended for the duration of the rally and boats will be 2 abreast in most places.

A floating bridge will be in operation across the canal at Lymm Cruising Club and minor delays may be expected throughout the weekend.

Any forum members going?

Is Liam going to show me his new boat on his way past?

Steve

Steve, I will be going maybe we could meet up for a chat. You will recognise me I was the one sat next to you at the last rally meeting.. :lol::lol:

Last reminder - if you are visiting Lymm this weekend moor before you reach the village as the towpath moorings have been suspended for the Rally weekend.

Visitors are welcome at the Rally site which is at Lymm Cruising Club (for a nominal fee) but during the day only. No visitors allowed after 5.00pm.

Steve

So how many people from the forum are planning on attending the rally, I know we have Pie Eater, Liams Crew, anyone else?

Spouse is there all weekend running the Rochdale Canal Society stand, an indoor do this year (a marquee to be accurate) so our caravan will be tucked away somewhere, I will be there on Saturday so if you care to buy some priceless artifacts or just to exchange a few words .....................

Edited by John Orentas

Thank you NB Unity, the last of the scaffolding was dismantled and the rally site was finally cleared yesterday which meant that I have got my boat on the slipway 2 days early for bottom blacking.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and the weather was glorious.

By the way, how did Liam wangle his way on to the dignitaries boat for their sail?

Steve

We had an excellent time at the rally. Lymm members have all worked very hard. We also won the best decorated boat. What a surprise the children were over the moon.

And I also wanted to know why Liam was on the sail past!!

Nice boat by the way x

It wasn't just the best decorated boat award you won was it? I thought you had got up more than once :lol:

And as for the sail past... it's not what you know, it's who you know :lol:

It was a good job I was on the boat really... had a problem with all the 'movable ballast' as Paul put it, up the front end. Rocking around something crazy it was and I was in charge of telling the clown to sit down and for the large marge's to keep still inside the boat.