dead dog on the river lee

honey ryder

Featured Posts

just wondering if anyone has lost a dog recently along the river lee

. I saw one this weekend as I was cycling back to collect my car. it was between springfield and hackney junction.

it was too far to reach to check out its collar for a name or number.

it looked like it could have been in the water a day or three. it still had all its fur, was a medium/small sized dog, grey fur on its face. mongrel looking, medium length fur, red collar.

I was very sad to have to leave it in the water, i didnt have any method of retrieval, otherwise I would have taken it out and given it a decent burial nearby.

I think it cruel to have a dog on a boat especially the larger ones but if people insist on doing it why cant they have life jackets for them , i see some dogs with them so they are out there to buy.

if people love the dogs as much as they claim they do they should do the right thing for them , its shameful the amount of dogs dead in the canals and it could be argued boaters are probably responsable for a fair number of them.

I think it cruel to have a dog on a boat especially the larger ones but if people insist on doing it why cant they have life jackets for them , i see some dogs with them so they are out there to buy.

if people love the dogs as much as they claim they do they should do the right thing for them , its shameful the amount of dogs dead in the canals and it could be argued boaters are probably responsable for a fair number of them.

I believe more dogs get run over, than drown in the cut. My dog was far safer, and happier, I imagine, when we lived over a mile from the nearest public highway than now, living in a house.

Not so sure I agree about the cruel bit gaggle; our dog is well happy on the boat, just as he is in the house. Then again he would be happy anywhere compared to the field he was abandoned in by the cruel bastards who couldn't be bothered with him anymore. I agree the lifejacket is a fair point, especially when locking etc. We got one for our dog last year after he fell in a couple of times. Although dogs are good swimmers, they can easly get into problems in the cut.