TV that runs on 12 volts

Happy Sailor

Featured Posts

not the 240 that outputs 12v. I want to be able to plug it into my 12v socket. Does anyone know where I can get one please

thanks

Am utterly confused by this, do you mean 12v? and you don't want to run on a transformer/ half wave rectifier that produces 12v from a 240v supply? If so, then there are plenty. Here is one.

12v tv

If you want more, try "12v tv" as a search in any search engine.

Am utterly confused by this, do you mean 12v? and you don't want to run on a transformer/ half wave rectifier that produces 12v from a 240v supply? If so, then there are plenty. Here is one.

The 12v/240v adaptors supplied with TV's etc haven't been "transformers/half wave rectifiers" for years. In fact they never were: they were "transformers/full wave rectifiers". Nowadays, though, they are Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) which are lighter, smaller, far better regulated, run cooler and actually cost less to manufacture.

Chris

The 12v/240v adaptors supplied with TV's etc haven't been "transformers/half wave rectifiers" for years. In fact they never were: they were "transformers/full wave rectifiers". Nowadays, though, they are Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) which are lighter, smaller, far better regulated, run cooler and actually cost less to manufacture.

Chris

By 'transformer' I was referring to 'a little black lump that came with the tv" and by 'half wave rectifier' I was providing a reference I thought the poster might get, since the topic was originally "TV that runs on 21v", I didn't hold high hopes for extensive electronic knowledge.

By 'transformer' I was referring to 'a little black lump that came with the tv" and by 'half wave rectifier' I was providing a reference I thought the poster might get, since the topic was originally "TV that runs on 21v", I didn't hold high hopes for extensive electronic knowledge.

It says that my post has been moved.. but where to I only asked a simple question. and nobody did any arguing over it..

So where has it moved to and why??

pleaase can anyone tell me

not the 240 that outputs 12v. I want to be able to plug it into my 12v socket. Does anyone know where I can get one please

thanks

Hi

I had trouble buying a new TV with the removable 12v power supply

I just bought this one from Dabs

Clicky

Alex

thanks

thanks

Wrote you a rambling reply - not sure i sent it. let me know if you don't get it, but, from personal experience,:

1. 11" Nextbase" from Currys Digital 1.5 amps, 12 volt design. Digital/ freeview - all built in

2. Avtex 11", 15" or 19" - try Capital Stores online. Both excellent. 19" set uses around 3 amps. Maybe a bit more for DVD (built-in). Does everything

thanks

Have a look at Avtex TVs on the website of Capital Stores - they seem to have the best prices ( as far as I know)

They also do a suction-fit antenna which is powered from the TV so no extra wiring is needed. Haven't tried that as I have an amplifier on my aerial already, but the 19" set is great.

Cheers

Have a look at Avtex TVs on the website of Capital Stores - they seem to have the best prices ( as far as I know)

They also do a suction-fit antenna which is powered from the TV so no extra wiring is needed. Haven't tried that as I have an amplifier on my aerial already, but the 19" set is great.

Cheers

REcently got a 19" Avtex - with aerials - superb set and highly recommended ( takes just over 3 amps on 12 volts depending on what you are running - i.e. DVD / digital tuner or analogue tuner and how bright.... )

Got ours from 12V TV Ltd http://www.12vtv.co.uk good depth of knowledge from owner and had good offers on at the time...

Nick

Edited by Nickhlx

Cheers

Hi

It is a nice looking set but it's twice the price and smaller, also the specifications seem lower.

I'm happy with my choice

Best price

Clicky

Alex

Hi

It is a nice looking set but it's twice the price and smaller, also the specifications seem lower.

I'm happy with my choice

Best price

Clicky

Alex

I think the Avtex specs would be hard to beat - e.g. they use A spec screens which guarantee 100% pixels which even most of the big brand sets don't, let alone the less expensive ones from the sheds...

Nick

I don,t know if this is relevent or hijacking but.....I bought an Avtex 19" last year cost about£399 and is 12volt works great and has all the bits : DVD, etc.

Now I wanted a tele for the kitchen at home Got off ebay for £110 brand new an Akura 19" digital and analogue, dvd,hdmi ,S lead computer input, slot for card etc .

Set it up tonight and it is a cracker,great picture ,sound reasonable ,and it looks good.

Now the crunch is it is a 240v from mains socket through a little transformer down to 12 volts at the tele.

Does this mean I could run it off 12 battery supply if so I've wasted about £280 .

Lez

I think the Avtex specs would be hard to beat - e.g. they use A spec screens which guarantee 100% pixels which even most of the big brand sets don't, let alone the less expensive ones from the sheds...

Nick

Hi Nick

I didn't see anything about 'A spec screens', I have never even heard of them.

All the big brand sets I have had from the 'sheds' in the past have been perfect

Anything less than 100% pixels and they would have been sent straight back

Alex

Hi Nick

I didn't see anything about 'A spec screens', I have never even heard of them.

All the big brand sets I have had from the 'sheds' in the past have been perfect

Anything less than 100% pixels and they would have been sent straight back

Alex

Hi Alex,

Neither did I till I spoke to this chap - he is pretty knowledgable and chose this make (Avtex) for his own as well.

It is full of features ( and useful ones at that) comes with all the "extras", the picture is stunning, it's got two HDMI sockets ( i.e. is HDMI compatible ) and both digital and analogue tuners within, CD / DVD player and a vast array of sockets on the back - can also be used as a PC screen - quite honestly, it's a bit OTT really, but a couple of months or so back, it came with the padded transportation bag and extended warranty, so couldn't resist.... didn't realise they made sets this good !

Nick