BW To impose Identity cards to access water/rubbish etc

nbtafelberg

Featured Posts

The CC Licence might have been believable if "licence" had been spelt correctly.

Presumably they have also now adopted the word "continual" rather than "continuous" to water down some of the feelings that go with the latter ?

Chip and PIN? Surely it will require a retina scan and a fingerprint check, and have our DNA, medial history, bank details and all other personal information stored on a microchip easily readable by anyone within twenty feet using a cheaply made reader, and all linked to a central database stored securely on a computer disc left down the cushion of a Network South East railway carriage. Otherwise it just isn't a proper identity card.

The ones in the photo looks quite cheaply made too. To be truly effective the scheme would need to cost several times more than the value of any benefits accruing from it.

Carl obviously told me the numbers stood for something... and with me being a bit slow :lol: I have only just worked it out...

01 A

02 B

03 C

04 D

05 E

06 F

07 G

08 H

09 I

10 J

11 K

12 L

13 M

14 N

15 O

16 P

17 Q

18 R

19 S

20 T

21 U

22 V

23 W

24 X

25 Y

26 Z

A P R I L - F O O L

Very well done Paul!

for wide beams the card would have to be twice the size!!! lol

for old working boats the card would have to be old and well used with some corners replaced!!! lol

for short boats you would be given a code to put in as it is not worth making a card that small!!! lol

any other suggestions? lol

Edited by CHRI5 Blessed

SORRY ,but not in a million years can BW be contemplating using anything like card readers on locks , water points, rubbish areas, ect. these devices would not last 10 minutes along our vandal prone canal system, resulting in huge queues at every lock and facility. DEFINETLY APRIL 1st. naughty ,naughty, scary , scary.???

SORRY ,but not in a million years can BW be contemplating using anything like card readers on locks , water points, rubbish areas, ect. these devices would not last 10 minutes along our vandal prone canal system, resulting in huge queues at every lock and facility. DEFINETLY APRIL 1st. naughty ,naughty, scary , scary.???

That was established 3 minutes after the thread was posted.

Never say never, though, the ATM copes quite well in our vandal pronr city centres.

Ok - I have my sources which shall remain nameless. But I was emailed this. It's an artists impression of some cards that BW are proposing to use with readers at water points/rubbish points and locks.

bwcards1.jpg

Apparantly people who are registered as CCers will have to swipe the card 14 days difference or whatever their requirement is at different points along the system to prove they are actually CCing and not just hopping with automatic fines in place when terms of license are breached.

Also - in accordance with the Environment Agencies wish to have water meters everywhere we may be charged for our water hence the water points/rubbish points needing a card to gain access.

I don't know for sure how far down the process its gone but I have got this image which shows they must be pretty serious.

I'm told though by my "mole" that if you call BW they will deny it. I think it's the first stage to something quite scarey.

Incidentally he or she did say that the first number is tied to your boat license and the second to your mooring or cc status and these are VERY important, also that they will still issue paper licenses/mooring plates for the boat.

I don't know what you think but it's a bit big brother for me.

I cannot tell you who supplied me this info but its HOT.

You Brits better keep up!...we already have then in Ireland. You won't get far along the Shannon - Erne Waterway without one.

Pict5782.jpg

(Smart card slot at botton)