Midland Canal Holiday

RLWP

Featured Posts

So, 1st August we are off for a week doing some bits of canal that we haven't done before. Plan is to go from Hatton to Camp Hill, Garrison flight, Tame Valley, Rushall, Wyrely and Essington, Cannock extension and all that fun stuff. Maybe the back of the map, maybe the Delph 9 again, Maybe the Wolverhampton 21 going down this time. Maybe Tat Bank who knows!

We would like some recommendations for: Moorings; Pubs; Supermarkets; places of interest.

If anyone have any experience of spending time on the BCN we would be interested to know.

Counting down to the 1st....

Richard

I'll look out for you! :lol:

On the W&E there is a Tesco next to the canal at Brownhills, you could moor here overnight, or moor at Pelsall Common where there is a pub called the Fingerpost. There are also some BW moorings at Sneyd which are quite safe.

I'll look out for you! :lol:

On the W&E there is a Tesco next to the canal at Brownhills, you could moor here overnight, or moor at Pelsall Common where there is a pub called the Fingerpost. There are also some BW moorings at Sneyd which are quite safe.

Thanks Sarah, a bit of local knowledge is what I am looking for. Incidentally, when people ask "where are you going for your holidays?" I usually say Norton Canes, just to confuse them.

One of this years Waterways Worlds had a guide to the BCN with several new visitor moorings on it, but it didn't cover the northern bits.

Any more anyone?

Richard

Hope you have a nice big weed hatch...

Verily, I am a true master of the weedhatch. Sometimes I have been screwing the lid back on the weedhatch when the crew were still settling the boat to the bank with the centre rope.

Has anyone used the visitors moorings on the Engine Arm?

Richard

There is only space for one boat on the visitor moorings in the Engine Arm. We were invited to moor on someones mooring as the visitor mooring was occupied and were then reported to BW!

Good. easy and safe? moorings are Longwood, Manor Arms, Brownhills, Anglesey Basin, Pelsall, Top olf Walsall Locks, Walsall basin, Sneyd, Nicleodeon at Wednesfield (end of Bentley Canal)

There is also Wolverhampton, Black Country Museum, Oldbury (Valencia Wharf). Plenty of other places on the otherside.

There is only space for one boat on the visitor moorings in the Engine Arm. We were invited to moor on someones mooring as the visitor mooring was occupied and were then reported to BW!

Good. easy and safe? moorings are Longwood, Manor Arms, Brownhills, Anglesey Basin, Pelsall, Top olf Walsall Locks, Walsall basin, Sneyd, Nicleodeon at Wednesfield (end of Bentley Canal)

There is also Wolverhampton, Black Country Museum, Oldbury (Valencia Wharf). Plenty of other places on the otherside.

Thanks Pearley, I'll mark up our map with that information. It's a good list too as it covers a lot of where we want to go.

Richard