Narrowboat World

rallyfan

Featured Posts

Is it me, or has Narrowboat World got stuck in a time warp on 20th April 2008 :P

Yup. It says at the bottom of the page that he's "gone boating - back mid-may" - but you have to scroll down to see it.

Not good, from a page layout point of view, really.

Paul

Good. Victor is a bit of a twit and needs ignoring.

Just read his latest page (mainly to see if I got a mention as I was moored next to him at Wheton Aston) and, as much as I hate to admit it, quite liked his holiday write-up. However, I do wonder if they REALLY spend as much time as it seems counting and collating boat stats.

Just read his latest page (mainly to see if I got a mention as I was moored next to him at Wheton Aston) and, as much as I hate to admit it, quite liked his holiday write-up. However, I do wonder if they REALLY spend as much time as it seems counting and collating boat stats.

I thought it was one long grumble virtually from start to finish. You wonder why he bothers going boating at all. I had to read it through again to find something that he actually liked (the green towpaths on the Shroppie, apparently).

Anyone who feels it ncessary to count the number of boats on every linear mooring really needs to get a life!

I thought it was one long grumble virtually from start to finish. You wonder why he bothers going boating at all. I had to read it through again to find something that he actually liked (the green towpaths on the Shroppie, apparently).

Anyone who feels it ncessary to count the number of boats on every linear mooring really needs to get a life!

True! But it was quite a well written grumble! :wub: I disagreed with him, though. I quite liked going up the Shropie without the locks - going from those deep cuttings to high embankments within the space of a few yards is quite stunning.

Seems he might have got a few facts wrong and ruffled a few feathers.

Granny Buttons

(Can you "ruffle the feathers" of a Granny? Second thoughts, no replies to that - I'd rather not know!)

Oh dear. Granny's feathers seem to be even more ruffled now!

"misrepresentation"! "plagiarism"! "dishonest journalism"! "dishonourable"!

clicky

Edited by PaulG

Oh dear. Granny's feathers seem to be even more ruffled now!

"misrepresentation"! "plagiarism"! "dishonest journalism"! "dishonourable"!

clicky

All pretty accurate descriptions of Narrowmindedworld's content.

They do remove inaccurate, libelous content without acknowledging their error (or even responding to emails, pointing out the errors).

They have even posted corrections, pointed out to them, as news stories that they have researched and put their name to, with no acknowledgement.

They do remove inaccurate, libelous content without acknowledging their error (or even responding to emails, pointing out the errors).

They have even posted corrections, pointed out to them, as news stories that they have researched and put their name to, with no acknowledgement.

Yes, it certainly seems that way. I used to think that it was a really good site. What a pity.

Edited by PaulG

Did fuzzyduck ever get an apology from NBW? I think not

Did fuzzyduck ever get an apology from NBW? I think not

David Hymers made some ill-informed and derogatory remarks about me but, though some were removed, and some amended, no correction was posted and the email pointing out his ignorant observations was never published.

David Hymers made some ill-informed and derogatory remarks about me but, though some were removed, and some amended, no correction was posted and the email pointing out his ignorant observations was never published.

I did chuckle when I read Grannys blog this morning and wondered if he'd be joining Fuzzy on the Narrowboatworld Norty step.

How to upset your readership in one easy ill informed post

ohhhh ohhh ohhhhhh a NBW thread, how can I resist wading in, shooting blindly with both barrels. :D

No Fuzzy didn't get an apology, but then, I didn't expect one. Remember one thing tho I attacked them first, I'm not a martyr.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, NBW is not a news site, it's a blog, it is no more or less authoritative than Granny Buttons.

oh, and it looks like Victor just got outed ........

Hey, I note they have a story about the three rivers race in the First Mate section ...

by invitation only

A guessing game....

Which waterways nutter has an invite?

A. Fuzzyduck

B. Victor

Here's a hint, look at the teeshirt, no not the cavegirls

IMGP0014-3.jpg

Edited by fuzzyduck

Hey, I note they have a story about the three rivers race in the First Mate section ...

A guessing game....

Which waterways nutter has an invite?

A. Fuzzyduck

B. Victor

Here's a hint, look at the teeshirt, no not the cavegirls

IMGP0014-3.jpg

I had to take a second look at that pic......for a min there i thought you had no pants on!!!!!

Where's me readers.......oh yes girls......sorry, what was the question again?