Security of Tenure Petitiion

Sue Rodwell Smith

Featured Posts

A petition has been set up with regard to security of tenture with 10 Downing Street. We need to get 200 signature before they will look at it, we only have three days to go and need another 26 signature. Could you please, please go to www.pm.gov.uk, click on epetitions on the left hand side of the page amd then type in boat in the search section. Then click on the first petition and following the instruction. Thank you ever so much.

clicky:

A direct link, though I haven't signed it owing to it's inaccuracy and it doesn't specify liveaboards who have residential planning permission.

Without rpp I don't see how you can have security of tenure, when you are breaking the planning laws.

Also "Residential boat owners represent the only tenure type in the United Kingdom without legislative protection." is totally inaccurate.

Travellers who don't have ethnic minority protection are in exactly the same, metaphorical, boat.

clicky:

A direct link, though I haven't signed it owing to it's inaccuracy and it doesn't specify liveaboards who have residential planning permission.

Without rpp I don't see how you can have security of tenure, when you are breaking the planning laws.

Also "Residential boat owners represent the only tenure type in the United Kingdom without legislative protection." is totally inaccurate.

Travellers who don't have ethnic minority protection are in exactly the same, metaphorical, boat.

I'm with Carlt on this. You are law breakers and therefore de facto bad people. I am afraid to say you have no legal leg to stand on.

A petition has been set up with regard to security of tenture with 10 Downing Street. We need to get 200 signature before they will look at it, we only have three days to go and need another 26 signature. Could you please, please go to www.pm.gov.uk, click on epetitions on the left hand side of the page amd then type in boat in the search section. Then click on the first petition and following the instruction. Thank you ever so much.

Downing St might look at a petition containing only 200 signatures, but does anyone think that such a poorly subscribed electronic document should even be submitted?

Might it actually not be construed as showing a lack of general support?

If it's the same petition that was being discussed a few weeks ago on the forum, I didn't sign because I thought it was badly drafted, ambiguous and unclear. I will support it, but I think it needs to go back to the drawing board first.

Does this mean if I got more interested & involved in my Jewish heritage I'd be legit? (Or could my claim be based purely on circumstantial evidence? :rolleyes: )

Edited by blackrose

Does this mean if I got more interested & involved in my Jewish heritage I'd be legit? (Or could my claim be based purely on circumstantial evidence? :rolleyes: )

No, you would be a Hebe

No, you would be a Hebe, have you curcumcision evidence?
No I was referring to the protection afforded to Romany travellers.
Are they similar to Sunday Drivers? I think I am getting confused........

Downing St might look at a petition containing only 200 signatures, but does anyone think that such a poorly subscribed electronic document should even be submitted?

Might it actually not be construed as showing a lack of general support?

If it's the same petition that was being discussed a few weeks ago on the forum, I didn't sign because I thought it was badly drafted, ambiguous and unclear. I will support it, but I think it needs to go back to the drawing board first.

Think it through carefully. If people living on their boats acquire security of tenure then many marinas will evict "live aboards" before the legislation takes effect.

See, if you had had that Oxbridge education you would know the difference. :rolleyes:

I didn't know Oxford or Cambridge had a Walter Mitty College. Who was the dean in your time there? :rolleyes:

Edited to say: Sorry, Blackrose, I meant to quote Sue R S's initial post. Obviously clicked the wrong thing!

Edited by Dominic M

:rolleyes: De minimis non curat lex.

Ian

Travis - roughly translated, the law is not concerned with trifles. In other words, a badly-worded petition attempt with fewer than 200 names will go precisely nowhere.

Ian

PS: not Oxbridge educated - just a decent grammar school

PPS: edited to say (before anyone else does) that the law is very interested in Jaffa cakes, though!

Edited by Machpoint005

Cheers Ian for the translation, I chucked Latin in the third year (at a decent Grammar school as well, btw)

My comment was meant to be fun, not flipant. If tom's was as well, good.

It's so easy to hide behind the keyboard innit?

Andy

PS Love Jaffas.

See, if you had had that Oxbridge education you would know the difference. :rolleyes:

I do know the difference, but thank you for your concern.

Whatever college I chose, my Latin education would have finished when I left Grammar School.

college, when i lived in SE1 the local college was South bank poly.....i think its now called Greenwich University.....same oiks still attend it, We also had the London school of printing...no idea what its called now.

My education was curtesy of Peckham Manor Boys School which i now believe is a Catholic Primary School.

My only interest was the School band. I was Solo trumpet in the school productions of the Glen Miller Story and A History of Popular music, both performed at the Sumner road Gym.

We took the Glenn miller storyto the croydon Frfield Halls, got a standing ovation and then got stopped and turned over by the local fuzz on the Walworth Road coz we were carrying our instruments home at 1am

They said " whats in the box's lads?"

I said " A Trumpet and tenor Horn"

Them " Where have you been?"

Me " The Fairfield Halls,.......in Croydon"

Them, " I know where the fairfiled halls are you cheeky little s**t now open the boxes"

Bet Glenn Miller never had to put up with that

I would be surprised if there was such a thing these days .... and I can't see why they should have different rights to anybody else anyway.

Why would you be surprised? Displacement by the New Age Traveller, leading to extinction? they're not Crayfish, you know.

Hitler couldn't exterminate them all so I can't see a few hippies wiping them out.

They don't have different rights to anybody else, btw, exept their right to protect their cultural diversity.

I wonder if the evictions referred to by the OP were carried out in accordance with section 225 of the Housing Act 2004, though? A right accorded to any "traveller", regardless of ethnic origin (as is Article 8).