Grand Union

Byeckerslike

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Found this video on Youtube, of the area that we live in, I am often found either walking or cycling along this stretch of the GU through Leamington Spa

Lol reminded me of that speeded up train journey footage from london to brighton.

Its an outrage! shouldnt be allowed to speed like that on the canals,

I like the way the boat appears to bump the 2nd lock bottom gates and makes the camera jog

nice little vid

And prior to moving to Leamington Spa, I used to live in Solihull, once again, I was often on the cycling along the towpath of the GU, frequently along this stretch from Camphill to Catherine De Barnes. As a boy, I was bought up in Springfield area of Birmingham and spent many a happy hour playing on the canal around Tyseley to Acocks Green. Looking back, makes me realise why I am now a ditch crawler!

Good point (I don't often go that way). But Cape Two? Easy-peasy

Have just watched the Camp Hill video. It reminded me of the morning I spent on grafitti removal on the bricked up doorways on the Sampson Road North Warehouse. It basically involved painting it out with various shades of brick orange/red/brown emulsion paint and a splash of grey for the mortar courses. All the while, just across the cut, the actors Richard Clapham and Lucy Tucker? rehearsed their parts for a heritage film on clothing up the heavily loaded working boats, Atlas and Leo.

Anyone know what the film is called and where I can get a copy?

Edited by Hairy-Neil

Have just watched the Camp Hill video. It reminded me of the morning I spent on grafitti removal on the bricked up doorways on the Sampson Road North Warehouse. It basically involved painting it out with various shades of brick orange/red/brown emulsion paint and a splash of grey for the mortar courses. All the while, just across the cut, the actors Richard Clapham and Lucy Tucker? rehearsed their parts for a heritage film on clothing up the heavily loaded working boats, Atlas and Leo.

Anyone know what the film is called and where I can get a copy?

Cant remenber the name but if its the one I'm thinking of we have it for sale on VHS at the London Canal Museum for the bargain price of £6.

Tim

Cant remenber the name but if its the one I'm thinking of we have it for sale on VHS at the London Canal Museum for the bargain price of £6.

Tim

The film is called Topcloth & Tippett and was made by Sight Seen Partnership ,its now available on VHS or DVD , most of the museums stock it or from Ian Goodier Telephone 01928751228 .