6in brass louvre ventilation covers

Derek Porteous

Featured Posts

Hi there,

My front door ventilation covers have become a bit tarnished (I don't think they were all that great quality when new).

I don't have a chandlers nearby, so any recommendations of a mail order/web based company who could supply these?

Thanks

Derek

Edited by Derek Porteous

Hi there,

My front door ventilation covers have become a bit tarnished (I don't think they were all that great quality when new).

I don't have a chandlers nearby, so any recommendations of a mail order/web based company who could supply these?

Thanks

Derek

I think you can buy them form DIY shops rather than expensive chandlers. If you are a tight wad you could just give them a wipe with white spirit and try painting them with smooth gold Hammerite or even spraying them. Just make sure they don't get blocked with paint.

Edited by blackrose

I think you can buy them form DIY shops rather than expensive chandlers. If you are a tight wad you could just give them a wipe with white spirit and try painting them with smooth gold Hammerite or even spraying them. Just make sure they don't get blocked with paint.

Thanks guys,

Obviously I am a tight wad (I am Scots), so will have a look around the DIY shops to either buy them there or pick up some gold paint.

Plan B will be Midland Chandlers, but afraid I don't have a Plan C as I have no idea who TP? are (sorry, Tomsk)

Thanks again,

Derek

www.toolstaion.co.uk are by far the cheapest (never sure of the spelling for that, i mean low cost rather than bird noises). They are annodised alu so not great for outdoors as they are a little flexable. Maybe cost £1.60 rather than £4.50 from homebase

They also sell very cheap tools which you cannot go wrong with if you are careful. Free postage over £40 but you would have to have a very long shopping list to do that otherwise it is £5

Also very good for those chain links for the feneders 10 for the price of one from homebase and excellent for all things sealant.

Hi there,

Thanks

Derek

I may have missed something in this thread ....but whats wrong with taking them off and cleaning them??

Barkeepers friend is a great product for this. :D

Hi Graylyn,

I have tried to clean the covers, but as I said, I don't think they were the best of quality to begin with and will just not clean up.

PaulG,

Many thanks for the Ebay link. I did do a search a few days ago and turned up nothing. However, being ever lazy, a couple of clicks onto your link and hopefully the brass louvre covers are in the post as this very moment.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Derek