Weather

Yoda

Featured Posts

Well it's blowing a hooley here. I half expect to find our garden furniture has blown all the way up to Picketts lock.

Last winter we lost some boots out of the cratch in a gale. We found them in a Coots nest about a mile away from here, months later when we borrowed a canoe in the summer.

Well it's blowing a hooley here. I half expect to find our garden furniture has blown all the way up to Picketts lock.

Last winter we lost some boots out of the cratch in a gale. We found them in a Coots nest about a mile away from here, months later when we borrowed a canoe in the summer.

I was going to ask what the Coot wanted your boots for but, more to the point, what was it doing with a canoe?

Bit blustery up on the Tring summit, too, at the mo. Thankfully it's blowing either across the boat or from the stern so I'm not getting any nasty drafts under the front doors!

(I really must get a cratch cover made)

It blew up a gale last night, rattling some of the junk on the roof of the boat and causing the ropes to creak, then it settled. It was very windy again early this morning.

We were negotiating the summit level of the South Oxford between 14:00 and 19:00 yesterday with the wind blowing us in all directions - we were quite relieved when we reached Claydon Top Lock and tied-up!

Bit blustery up on the Tring summit, too, at the mo. Thankfully it's blowing either across the boat or from the stern so I'm not getting any nasty drafts under the front doors!

(I really must get a cratch cover made)

We've got a cratch cover, but the vents in the front door still pour cold air when the wind's in certain directions. There's a gap where the cover meets the gunnels. Is that inevitable?

Would our ventilation be compromised if we put curtains over the doors inside, hanging down to below the ventilators? Would this be against the instructions: "Do not obstruct"? Thinking safety and BSS.

We've got a cratch cover, but the vents in the front door still pour cold air when the wind's in certain directions. There's a gap where the cover meets the gunnels. Is that inevitable?

Would our ventilation be compromised if we put curtains over the doors inside, hanging down to below the ventilators? Would this be against the instructions: "Do not obstruct"? Thinking safety and BSS.

When I had a safety examination the surveyor said when I told him I was going to block up the vents on the front doors with cardbord when he had gone " I don't care what you do after I have gone" it seems to be common practice to do this, still plenty of drafts around on m y boat anyway.