BBC IPlayer

Gary Peacock

Featured Posts

I've been using IPlayer since it began and the interface is so much better now. Its certainly very useful for those of us like to go boating a lot and not be dictated by watching TV. I can choose to see my BBC programmes when I want at a time I feel is appropriate.

ITV and Channel Four do players too. Dont think Ch five has one.

I've been using it for a while and it is very useful. Only downside is that it takes about 500 Mb of download per hour, but unless they go to mp4 or something similar I can't see anyway round this if you are to retain a decent-sized image.

I just wish it wasn't all locked up with Digital Rights Management. There is the odd program that I would like to keep, but can't as for reasons best known to the BBC.

Apparently its all down to copyright, BUT I can still record on my hard drive recorder and burn to a DVD at the same quality. What is all that about?

It is jolly good though, especially as you can record an Audio Stream using something like Audacity, convert to mp3 or ogg and then stick it on a CD - cool!

:rolleyes:

Keith...I have Audaqcity...but can't work out how I get the Listen Again file into Audacity

Stuart

The last time I tried it, it worked.

Just tried it

I am sorry they now seem to be blocking record.

I've been using it for a while and it is very useful. Only downside is that it takes about 500 Mb of download per hour, but unless they go to mp4 or something similar I can't see anyway round this if you are to retain a decent-sized image.

Oh dear, I had planned on using it, but as I am limited to 5 GB per month I would have to be very very careful

Just used it on Saturday to download the second part of 'Three Men in another Boat'. I saw it, but my father missed it so stuck it on the Lappy and took it round for him to watch.

Also used the Channel 4 one to watch the first episode of 'Shameless' on the new series which I also missed. Don't like the channel 4 one though as you can't specify where the download goes and it just fills up yourmain hard drive instead of going on my storage drive. The BBC iplayer you can store where you want.

Had no problem downloading it on this Vista machine then watching it on the XP Laptop running Windows XP Media Centre edition though, although it had to connect to the internet to obtain the licence, it played no problem.