Lithium Batteries installation

Featured Posts

50 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

I know exactly what IanD has as I seen it being built from shell, like all the other electric boats by the builder, at least he has a boat with Lithium power and all electric, so may have some useful tips on running them, unlike @MJG who’s main contribution to any posts is snide comments to goad for arguments.

Not exactly stalking is it though.

You are the sad little man of the forum, as you only contribute on here to goad posters for arguments, as others have also said, that’s sad.

Denigrating a family members appearance in order to score points on the internet now added to your nastiness is to be expected I guess.

I'm sure Ian appreciates the support of a misogynist (you might have to get your dictionary out for that one).

Oh and BTW if it's not stalking someone it certainly is the behaviour of a true weirdo.

Edited by MJG

One of the main proponents of the concept also markets what he calls a Bank Manager: https://www.emilyandclarksadventure.com/bbms/buy. There are several YouTube videos put out under his banner introducing and developing the concept and people can draw their own conclusions as to whether it's a road they might want to go down. Having explored it I decided very definitely it was not for me, although certain aspects are quite seductive on a first meeting!

3 minutes ago, MJG said:

Denigrating a family members appearance in order to score points on the internet now added to your nastiness is to be expected I guess.

Oh and BTW if it's not stalking someone it certainly is the behaviour of a true weirdo.

I’m not after any argumentative points, that seems your part of ship as usual. I’m not bothered.

Just now, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

I’m not after any argumentative points, that seems your part of ship as usual. I’m not bothered.

Your repeated snide and now vile comments rather betray that.

If it wasn't correct why do you keep tagging me in your posts?

Another one on here who does exactly what he complains about others doing.

2 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

I'm puzzled why he has been allowed back on here, having been banned long ago for exactly this type of anti-social type posting.

Now he's back and still at it. What IS going on? 

Just now, MtB said:

I'm puzzled why he has been allowed back on here, having been banned long ago for exactly this type of anti-social type posting.

And another one.

Who does it.

Probably the same reason that he has another ID on here.

1 minute ago, Up-Side-Down said:

One of the main proponents of the concept also markets what he calls a Bank Manager: https://www.emilyandclarksadventure.com/bbms/buy. There are several YouTube videos put out under his banner introducing and developing the concept and people can draw their own conclusions as to whether it's a road they might want to go down. Having explored it I decided very definitely it was not for me, although certain aspects are quite seductive on a first meeting!

There's no doubt that if you're careful with the design -- including adding (expensive!) extra hardware like he sells -- a hybrid LA/LFP system can be made to work, because he at least understands that to ward off potential damage or reduced lifetime they need to be treated differently not just connected together.

Which is not the same as connecting LA and a cheap "drop-in" LFP together with a bit of wire, even if this "works" initially few (no?) people have demonstrated that it carries on working over the long term without reducing (expensive) battery lifetime, and there are good reasons to suspect that it won't.

If you're going to go to all that bother, why keep the LA at all, why not sort out charging properly (alternator controller, BMS) and just use LFP -- which simply avoids the problems of connecting batteries with fundamentally different characteristics in parallel?

Just now, MJG said:

Your repeated snide and now vile comments rather betray that.

If it wasn't correct why do you keep tagging me in your posts?

Another one on here who does exactly what he complains about others doing.

Because they’re for you, “misogynist” my girlfriend will like that one😂

where’s the vile nasty comments?

Are you trying to play the innocent victim😂

2 minutes ago, MtB said:

BTW the reason for the ban was I voiced my opinion in a forthright manner as to the ability of a moderator, someone who for whatever reason no longer moderates on here.

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

I have to say that given his postings -- in this thread and many others -- him accusing other people of nastiness is a classic case of "take the log out of your own eye"...

Edited by IanD

Because they’re for you, “misogynist” my girlfriend will like that one😂

Are you trying to play the innocent victim😂

Just stating facts. If you think denigrating the appearance a forum members family member is not 'vile' then it explains a lot.

Oh for the uneducated it is entirely possible to have girlfriend and still be a misogynist.

HTH

2 minutes ago, IanD said:

I have to say that given his postings -- in this thread and many others -- him accusing other people of nastiness is a classic case of "take the log out of your own eye"...

So you now think misogyny and getting at members via. their family is acceptable?

Like I said earlier 'hypocrite' in the true sense of the word particularly given your obviously completely false views you have posted previously.

4 minutes ago, MJG said:

Just stating facts. If you think denigrating the appearance a forum members family member is not 'vile' then it explains a lot.

Oh for the uneducated it is entirely possible to have girlfriend and still be a misogynist.

HTH

I could of used stronger words but as I said I was being polite. Non of the comments are vile or nasty, I’m sure if they were they would of been removed by a moderator, please report if any of them offend you👍

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

11 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Did you already forget you posted this:-

"Why would anyone want to stalk your daughter, not exactly famous or a looker is she and that’s being polite".

3 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

I could of used stronger words but as I said I was being polite. Non of the comments are vile ir nasty, I’m sure if they were they would of been removed by a moderator, please report if any of them offend you👍

If you think that is not vile or nasty, hells teeth.................................

If they get reported it won't be by me. That needs to stay up in order to be seen.

Edited by MJG

3 minutes ago, MJG said:

Did you already forget you posted this:-

"Why would anyone want to stalk your daughter, not exactly famous or a looker is she and that’s being polite".

If you think that is not vile or nasty, hells teeth.................................

If they get reported it won't be by me. That needs to stay up in order to be seen.

Not vile or nasty, “Hells Teath” such a drama Queen 😂

Not vile or nasty, “Hells Teath” such a drama Queen 😂

Yes I get it. You don't think that.

As I said says a lot.

There you go playing the victim in all this as you usually do, trying to turn things around😂

No, I'm not doing anything of the sort.

I'm merely highlighting what a truly unpleasant individual you are.

Though to be fair you've done a fine job on your own.

9 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

There you go playing the victim in all this as you usually do, trying to turn things around😂

That's #2 tactic in his "Troll playbook", after dishing out his own ad hominem attacks to try and provoke people.

Tactic #3 is to say that what his opponent is saying is boring and why don't they "let it go" -- stop replying, so he has "won" by having the last word.

If they do this and then ignore him, Tactic #4 is to post that they're not man enough to face up to him on the wild wild Internet, so he's "won" again.

If that still doesn't get a response, Tactic #5 is to throw out some more insults in the hope he can restart the argument.

Trump sockpuppet? 😉

Edited by IanD
  • Greenie 1

Just now, IanD said:

That's #2 tactic in his "Troll playbook", after dishing out his own ad hominem attacks to try and provoke people.

Tactic #3 is to say that what his opponent is saying is boring and why don't they "let it go" -- stop replying, so he has "won" by having the last word.

If they do this and then ignore him, Tactic #5 is to post that they're not man enough to face up to him on the wild wild Internet, so he's "won" again.

Trump sockpuppet? 😉

You and BLUN go well together.

Turns out you a very suited.

Just now, IanD said:

If they do this and then ignore him, Tactic #5 is to post that they're not man enough to face up to him on the wild wild Internet, so he's "won" again.

Trump sockpuppet? 😉

He might perhaps stop though, if no-one responded to his needling. 

But understandably, people feel it necessary to argue back. 

• Sad 1

Just now, MtB said:

If you don't like what I post why not deploy IanD's tactic and (pretend to) put me on ignore.

But rest assure if somebody is going to have a go at me through a family member I will respond along with when they try to justify it or somebody supports it by not challenging it.

6 minutes ago, MtB said:

It's why I've got him on ignore -- which he hates because he wants ATTENTION, so no doubt there'll be another post from him -- as in the past -- accusing me of moral cowardice by not being man enough to face up to him.

But there's absolutely no point trying to debate with him, the only solution is to blank him out -- same as the loudmouthed drunk in the pub spouting provocative BS and spoiling for a fight, just refuse to talk to them and ignore them, then hopefully they'll go away and annoy someone else -- preferably in a different pub... 😉

Edited by IanD
  • Greenie 1

Just now, IanD said:

It's why I've got him on ignore -- which he hates because he wants ATTENTION, so no doubt there'll be another post from him --as in the past -- accusing me of moral cowardice by not being man enough to face up to him.

But there's absolutely no point trying to debate with him, the only solution is to blank him out -- same as the loudmouthed drunk in the pub spouting provocative BS and spoiling for a fight, just refuse to talk to them and ignore them, then hopefully they'll go away and annoy someone else -- preferably in a different pub... 😉

As I said:-

2 minutes ago, MJG said:

If you don't like what I post why not deploy IanD's tactic and (pretend to) put me on ignore.

But rest assure if somebody is going to have a go at me through a family member I will respond along with when they try to justify it or somebody supports it by not challenging it.

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

The main problem is alternators. In reality that is the only issue facing anyone. If you don't use an altenator to charge then drop in replacement means just that and the solar or mains chargers can be installed to suit the batteries. 

Having thought about this a bit more, I can see a problem. Li doesn’t like to be overcharged. As we know, the correct way to fully charge Li is to charge to 3.65v /cell and hold that voltage until the current falls to 5%. Then disconnect.

If you hold the voltage 3.65 with the current below 5%, you are still adding charge to a battery that is already at 100% of its design capacity. Aka overcharging, which risks Li plating and accumulating permanent damage.

With solar, the charge rates can be very low especially in winter or if you have a large bank and small panel. Certainly less than 5%. Let’s us hypothesise at 2% charge in winter - eg 4A for a 200Ah battery.

If your solar controller is set to charge to 3.65v/cell (14.6v) then by the time you reach 14.6v, the battery has been overcharged just the same as if you charged at 50%C to 3.65v and then waited for the current to fall to 2%C. And of course it has been held “up the knee” for a long time. Which will shorten its life. It will probably still last many years, but not as many as if you hadn’t overcharged it.

So even with solar, correctly charging Li is not easy.

For my caravan battery (which is left unattended without significant power drain for days or weeks at a time), I have set the solar to 13.9v with very short absorption time, and float of 13.25v hoping that that is not going to result in the battery being held “up the knee” too far every day. But it is not ideal because when I am using the caravan in summer, it will take longer to recharge at that voltage.