Musicians

goldtone

Featured Posts

With me little stick of blackpool Rock

Along the promenade i stroll.

It may be sticky but i never complain

Its nice to have a nibble at it now and again...........sorry......im a bit mashed and to make matters worse swmbo is up and looking stern at me for still being awake

she just said .."you said you were only having one drink" :help:

I too am suffering the same unscheduled stoppage, bugger the spelling!!!

I was a bass player in a bluegrass band once. Best fun I ever had with my clothes on. I also play guitar and a bit of mandolin and can do a bit of a fair high hilbillly harmony. We've just put in an offer on our first boat so I'll be listening out for the banjo. Can't think of a better combination, boating and playing music. And drinking.

I was a bass player in a bluegrass band once. Best fun I ever had with my clothes on. I also play guitar and a bit of mandolin and can do a bit of a fair high hilbillly harmony. We've just put in an offer on our first boat so I'll be listening out for the banjo. Can't think of a better combination, boating and playing music. And drinking.

:wacko:

Yoghurt must be pronounced yogit, as an invariably blind southern blues guy would say it!

Woke up this mownin,

da da da dum

Had me a yoghit.

da da da dum

I just can't take another stereotypical blues song

da da da dum

Now I've got it

Spoken: Da blues ah mean!!

Unless of course it is The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, they are the real deal: REAL BLUES!

My favourite blues lyrics, George Thorogood's "If you don't start drinking (I'm Gonna leave)"

I'm tired of putting up

With your sober wit

Tired of looking at you

Through an alcoholic haze

You better change

I'm begging you please

Cuz if you don't start drinkin'

I'm gonna leave

I wake up in the morning

I'm under the roof

But I get no sympathy

Baby you're too aloof

You better change

Yes, I'm begging you please

I'm gonna leave

Budweiser, budweiser, miller lite

Take a little nip baby it's alright

All a fellow wants is company

Come on baby have a taste with me

Yeah, you say it's alright baby

You don't care

But as soon as I indulge

I get that icy stare

You better change

I'm begging you please

I'm gonna leave

Don't give me no lectures

'Bout stress and strife

So-ber-i-ety

Just ain't my way of life

You better change

Yes, I'm begging you please

I'm gonna leave

I gave up playing my "tin" whistles on board after a local threatened to insert them in a place where breaking wind would have resulted in a rather strained chord.

I was however extremely grateful that I had given up playing the tuba :)

One thing that has always puzzled me since a child is.....why in an orchestra is it called a tuba and yet in a brass band either an Eb or Bb Bass?

edited to add......i wonder what ever happend to my LP of Tubby the Tuba

Edited by saltysplash

Is there any chance of all you muscians sharing the pleasure of your playing, by putting a video on Utube or like :D

I will share mine, but you might not find it a pleasure :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jIHvF4_ps5k

I can (and must) have another go, with the video, editing, playing as I CAN do better. This was only uploaded as an attempt to improve the one taken at the Dawncraft BBQ, which was the worst music video on the net. I don't like having the second worst, but at least I'm better than one of them.

Hi, The highlight of last year for me was the Album " Raising Sand ", a duet collaboration with rock legend Robert Plant, and country/bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss. I have not stopped playing it for weeks now.

To see a video of them talking about making it.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5KF4dKq-6I

Best wishes Patrick.

Edited by bargiepat

Sorry to inflict this on you, but you DID ask, SuperMalc!

This is a self-penned daft song about my local area, and it's not typical of the sort of music we're doing theses days, but it's the only time anyone's ever videoed us.

Cally & Border Patrol: "Wild West Craven"

Hope everyone is having/had a great Christmas. Been liveaboards for 6 days now and no regrets so far! The move was a bit traumatic and we can't get a TV signal or the sat dish to work, so listening to lots of music. Clannad at the moment - really chilling out.

Had a fantastic jam session here a year or two back involving a casio keyboard, two guitarists who couldn't play but were shown how to do 'Wild Thing', one who could REALLY play the guitar and a pissed bloke on a trombone.Do you know how loud a trombone is when played by a pissed bloke in a marina ?

Hi, You get the same problem when you forget the " c " while trying to log onto www.canalworld.net Patrick :lol:
My ex father in law had a similar problem. He is a progamer and uses a language called 'Delphi' in which you create the program bits in little routines called 'objects' (kind of like the 'gosub - return' stuff in Basic) Then you take your main program which becomes a collection of these objects that are inserted into the relevant places . . . . Sure you can see where this is going.He typed in 'Inserted objects' to a PC at work to look for routines (objects) rather than re-invent the wheel.He then spent the rest of the day trying to explain to his employers (a school authority)Within Derbyshire constabulray is the tale of a PC who had his force e-mail account pulled because he sent someone an e-mail about 'chicks'. The force system's 'that isn't politacally correct language' filter pulled it. He then had to justify using such a politcally incorrect term which was quite simple as he was one of the force wildlife liaison officers and had been part of a team guarding a nest.

Right, gonna get me livin on a boat in Spring time, just one query:

I'm a banjo player, any other banjoists here might guess by my forum name (!), and I'm sure I ain't the only musician on the cut. My band love the idea of coming to rehearse/play/jam/make various noises on/in the boat sometimes, especially summer time.

You are on neighbouring boats, would the sound of banjo, double bass, guitar, harmony singing and mandolin for a few hours on a weeknight p#*s you off, or would you be inclined to come along, watch and drink out of the bottles rather than throw them at us?!

Thats actually a serious question, I really wouldn't want to do anything that might annoy other members of my community.

While I'm at it, any other banjer pickers out there?........you got all them banjer breaks in ya head now ain't ya?!!!

Hi Goldtone, I too have a similar view but we (are little acoustic jammin band double bass, mandolin , congo's, brush stick bhodran, guitar and shoddy voices but up for a laugh or jam would gladly join in with any banjo player as you are top- played with Joe Molloy former irish banjo champ in a pub last week in Moseley Birmingham. Should we ever pass by I'd only be to glad to join in and form a floating orchestra...I have a six foot tug fore deck and I am waiting for good weather to give it a go, Best Wishes Phil

Blonde Goldtone OB250+

Blonde Goldtone 6 string Guit-Jo

Norman Acoustic Guitar

A voice