SR2 oil pressure gauge and fittings

BODs SR2

Featured Posts

You need the electric gauge with matching sender and a tee piece with the correct threads for your engine, switch and sender, most likely 1/8" BSP, male into the engine, 2 X female for the switch and sender.

Then you need to wire it up to the ignition.

OR 

A capillary gauge and the same tee piece, no electrics.

2 hours ago, BODs SR2 said:

Can anyone detail what i need and what pressure to expect. Cheers.

Hard to say, as air cooled Listers can exhibit a wide range of working oil pressures, and will go on for years with not particularly high numbers.

A good one, hot, can usually manage 20 psi at idle, and perhaps twice that at cruising speed.

However you should not be alarmed if yours is less.  Anecdotally people working for Lister are supposed to have said "as long as there is something on the gauge it will be fine".

Hi Bod'sSR2,

Our SR3 has 40 psi(g) cold but when hot drops to 5 or 10 psi idle, 20 psi at revs using 15/40 Morris oil. Some years ago I checked out the crank and B/E bearings. They were fine, the crank showing no ovality or undersize i could measure with a normal mike in the confines of the crankcase. Stop worrying, I think if I were you I would stay with the warning light!

Mike on Balthazar.

My SR2 has never had a working oil guage. Both have been on the engine under the deck where you can't see them. The first one, presumably original, might have worked once but the pointer doofer fell off. The guy who rebuilt the engine ten years ago put a new one on, which doesn't work either. Engine does, though.

15 hours ago, The Ents said:

Hi Bod'sSR2,

Stop worrying, I think if I were you I would stay with the warning light!

Mike on Balthazar.

I’m just envious of Robbie Cumming’s gauge for his SR2 on Canal Boat Diaries.