Pump-out, Elsan and Diesel Map

David Floyd

Featured Posts

I was not sure where to mention this, but we have added a map to complement our Moorings and Marinas map that show the location of Pump-out, Elsan and Diesel services, I am sure it not complete, but so far we have 250+ sites in the database, many shared with the Moorings and Marinas map.

https://floydtilla.co.uk/find-a-pump-out-need-diesel/

Again as normal let me know what I have missed or got wrong 🙂

Thanks

David

Edited by David Floyd

Have you looked at the CRT published list on non-CRT pump outs. The link to this is part way down this page

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/boating/go-boating/boat-facilities-and-services/water-points-and-sewage-disposal

Or direct at

Non CRT pump outs,

Secondly, you do not have any of the CRT self service pump outs at their larger customer service facilities. Unluckily, CRT do not appear to have a list of their pump outs, you will either need to find them on the CRT waterway guides, CRT on line map or guides such as the Nicholsons maps.

CRT Waterway Guides

CRT Interactive Map

For example I have used CRT pump outs at

Endon Lane, Caldon Canal

Maesbury, Montgomery Canal

Grindley Brook, Llangollen Canal

Plank Lane, Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Leigh Branch

Litherland, Leeds & Liverpool Canal

Spark Bridge, Leeds & Liverpool Canal, Rufford Branch

Dudley, Black Country Museum, BCN

47 minutes ago, David Floyd said:

These look very useful, I had not found them before, I have added your others except Endon Lane, Caldon Canal which I am struggling to pin point.I

Thanks

David

David,

See the stoppage notive below for location. The are just called Endon Services and they are at Park Lane, I mixed them together.

There must be loads around the CRT network that I do not know about because of I have not travelled everywhere. Another self pumpout I have used is Hebden Bridge, Rochdale canal.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/1314-endon-customer-service-facility-park-lane-endon-staffordshire-st9-9ja

Fab, thanks, I have them listed for 

Services - Pump out, Elsan, Water, Diesel, Calor gas, Solid Fuel

Think I got this from there web site

David

On 27/09/2023 at 08:19, PeterF said:

CRT Waterway Guides

Those Boater's Guides are a good resource, I am working on them at the moment, they don't 100% match up with other newer or older CRT information, but they do have a lot of information.

Thanks

David 

• 3 weeks later...

David,

In today's Boaters Update, CRT published the roll out for converting their pump outs from card to contactless. This is the first time that I have seen a list of all their pump outs, 70 of them, I assume the list is complete. You may find this interesting / useful.

48498-roll-out-of-contactless-payment-tech-at-boater-facilities-latest.pdf

Peter.

Edited by PeterF

It seems that CRT have given up mending the Slaithwaite pump out now, apparatus removed, tree roots blocking/ grown into the pipe. 

I imagine that the contractor could determine which tree it was so where to excavate by the super speedy  growth compared to other trees around 😕

Its quite a way to Manchester or Aspley basin lock wise? 

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/10808-slaithwaite-sanitary-station-pump-out

19 hours ago, PeterF said:

David,

In today's Boaters Update, CRT published the roll out for converting their pump outs from card to contactless. This is the first time that I have seen a list of all their pump outs, 70 of them, I assume the list is complete. You may find this interesting / useful.

48498-roll-out-of-contactless-payment-tech-at-boater-facilities-latest.pdf 264.9 kB · 6 downloads

Peter.

Fantastic, thanks Peter

David

1 hour ago, Galoka said:

Missing:

There is an EA waterpoint, elsan and pumpout in Ely on the Great Ouse

W3W:   ///shredding.backswing.desire

Fab, Thank you, I will add ASAP

D

8 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

It seems that CRT have given up mending the Slaithwaite pump out now, apparatus removed, tree roots blocking/ grown into the pipe. 

I imagine that the contractor could determine which tree it was so where to excavate by the super speedy  growth compared to other trees around 😕

Its quite a way to Manchester or Aspley basin lock wise? 

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/10808-slaithwaite-sanitary-station-pump-out

Thanks

David