Mobile Stove Flue Engineers

Featured Posts

The stove flue where it goes into my collar seems to have rotted away and wondered if anybody knew of any mobile flue installers that trade around the Trent & Mersey, Macclesfield and Peak Forest Canal areas? This is where I am currently cruising. It requires two welds on the whole pipe so not just a case of putting straight pipe in myself. I'll also look at boat yards.

Thanks

Joe

Edited by JoeC

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

The stove flue where it goes into my collar seems to have rotted away and wondered if anybody knew of any mobile flue installers that trade around the Trent & Mersey, Macclesfield and Peak Forest Canal areas? This is where I am currently cruising. It requires two welds on the whole pipe so not just a case of putting straight pipe in myself.

Thanks

Joe

They usually rot through right at the top, just below the roof collar. Is this what yours has done?

If yes, then you just need a foot cutting off the top and a new bit welding on, which I'd say is a lot easier than having a whole new custom stove pipe constructed.

• Greenie 1

If the local boat yards are too busy, try looking for a mobile welder.  Midland Chandlers sell the pipe, as I expect will Kings Lock.  It will cost as much for a short piece from a chandler as for a whole length from a steel stockholder,  but that's boat life. 

A mobile  welder may even have a short piece handy.

N

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

The stove flue where it goes into my collar seems to have rotted away and wondered if anybody knew of any mobile flue installers that trade around the Trent & Mersey, Macclesfield and Peak Forest Canal areas? This is where I am currently cruising. It requires two welds on the whole pipe so not just a case of putting straight pipe in myself. I'll also look at boat yards.

Thanks

Joe

Try Bollington Wharf

• Greenie 1