Residential moorings in a marina

haggis

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

Interesting they put the boat name. 

Tower Hamlets are currently calling my mooring "Residential mooring x" for the purposes of my CT but in other correspondence they use the name of a boat which was previously moored here. I imagine the occupier of that other boat was probably claiming Housing Benefit at some stage which required the boat name to be logged. 

Interesting situation with all this residential mooring lark. 

I think they did it this way to get round the fact that not the same mooring is used each time, every time the boat goes out or is moved by the marina. They are about 40 boats on mooring B (Short for mooring basin B).

Edited by nbfiresprite

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ok you've beaten me down, I have provided documentary evidence (from both the Government website and the VOA) to support my assertion, so far you have simply stated 'facts according to Dora' 

Would you please quote some official documentation or sources supporting your 'facts'.

And yes, C&RT (thru BWML) did pay CT on all residential moorings even when not rented out.

Given that you've repeatedly misrepresented what I've been saying, while making your own unsubstantiated assertions, I give up, there's no point engaging with someone who's arguing in bad faith.

Please actually read what I've written and take note of where I've linked to the evidence you've requested.  All I ever said, is that taken on it's own, a mooring is nothing more than water + wood/metal/concrete, and as such is uninhabitable.  The government's own guidance is quite clear on this. 

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ok you've beaten me down, I have provided documentary evidence (from both the Government website and the VOA) to support my assertion, so far you have simply stated 'facts according to Dora' 

Would you please quote some official documentation or sources supporting your 'facts'.

And yes, C&RT (thru BWML) did pay CT on all residential moorings even when not rented out.

Given that you've repeatedly misrepresented what I've been saying, while making your own unsubstantiated assertions, I give up, there's no point engaging with someone who's arguing in bad faith.

Please actually read what I've written and take note of where I've linked to the evidence you've requested.  All I ever said, is that taken on it's own, a mooring is nothing more than water + wood/metal/concrete, and as such is uninhabitable.  The government's own guidance is quite clear on this. 

14 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

I been fighting this for last few years, No sooner do I get it removed it is reinstated on the list within a week. Two refused to pay and were taken to the cleaners by the council, they had to sell up to pay the fines or go to the cells and still pay.

Can you expand on the details of your situation?