My Shetland renovation - please let me know your thoughts

BenRivers

Featured Posts

You've done a great job there, did you recover the seating or make new sections?

NB you might get a few more snide comments like the one above from people who appear to be very unhappy with their lives for some reason.  This seems to be the norm on here so don't take it to heart.

2 hours ago, Morris said:

NB you might get a few more snide comments like the one above from people who appear to be very unhappy with their lives for some reason.  This seems to be the norm on here so don't take it to heart.

Edited by booke23

1 hour ago, robtheplod said:

Much nicer colours!  :)

Thanks mate I have documented it all on my channel if you want to watch it here is the link https://youtube.com/@benriverss

52 minutes ago, booke23 said:

Now I've got the laptop started, I can see it now.....much nicer, well done.

No problem if your having troubles I have documented it all on my channel. I will send the link if your interested thank you https://youtube.com/@benriverss

2 minutes ago, booke23 said:

You've picked up some good trolling skills in your short time on this forum!

Well to be fair I did think your original comment was ill-judged. I’m sure it wasn’t intended to be nasty but it could be read as such. Or at least as a joke, which perhaps isn’t the best tactic to respond to a brand new poster.

1 hour ago, Morris said:

You've done a great job there, did you recover the seating or make new sections?

I uncovered the old seating as it was in okay condition. You can see how I done it documented on my channel! Here is the link if interested. https://youtube.com/@benriverss

4 minutes ago, BenRivers said:

Thanks mate, part 4 will be out soon with me installing electrics, building a new door and some more seating in the cockpit! I’m also on Instagram where I give more updates if your interested my username is benriversyt 

Good stuff, you certainly seem to be cracking on with it! Will you be doing fishing vids on your youtube channel too? 

23 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Well to be fair I did think your original comment was ill-judged. I’m sure it wasn’t intended to be nasty but it could be read as such. Or at least as a joke, which perhaps isn’t the best tactic to respond to a brand new poster.

It was a genuine question....I couldn't discern which was the newer picture on my phone! I can on the laptop.

You do have a point though......perhaps a sad reflection on the forum when such questions are seen as a joke or nasty.  

25 minutes ago, Feeby100 said:

Fishing not the greatest topic on here mate 

Fishists are not very popular with boaters. There is a sort of mutual toleration.

The boat looks nice, the little Shetlands are rather cool looking boats.For cruising they are as good as any to watch the scenery drift by.

The cabin is very small, I had a little Norman with a small cabin and after a few nights aboard crawling around in the small space, I was mincing along the towpath like a gay hunchback dwarf, because of my back.

I have seen pictures of a small cruiser,a Callumcraft 17 with a lifting cabin roof like some campervans have, and thought what a good idea.

Just watched your vids @BenRivers Very nice little boat.

There is a guy with one near my mooring and he has an electric outboard and what looks like about 200 watts of solar. He often cruises past silently on summer evenings or weekends. I don't think he spends anything on propulsion as the solar completely recharges his batteries in the summer!