Shroppie Fly

AndrewIC

Featured Posts

On 16/12/2022 at 16:42, wandering snail said:

Stoppage at Goldstone too from the 3rd Jan.

Goliath, this winter stoppage has today been cancelled (along with several others) so there's just the Audlem one on the 3rd Jan at the moment, unless CRT cancel that too....Boating friends have tried the food, basic but good was the verdict.

9 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Goliath, this winter stoppage has today been cancelled (along with several others) so there's just the Audlem one on the 3rd Jan at the moment, unless CRT cancel that too....Boating friends have tried the food, basic but good was the verdict.

Good news,

I’ll see how I get on 😃

(not good news for the repairs that need doing though)

On 20/12/2022 at 12:01, howardang said:

Ah, but what about Cleckheckmonsedge? 🙂 have lived  in a number of places in Yorkshire all my life,  and I am very familiar with the word Gimmer, both referring to older sheep, but also when used as a joking term about "more mature" ladies. It was certainly a term my mother used frequently when joking with her friends.

Howard

Up here in sunny Cumbria Gimmers are just a year old certainly not elderly, those would be "broken mouthed yows".

7 minutes ago, Goliath said:

You been anywhere exciting?

Iced in in Chester, does that count? Actually, it was 'exciting' when I fell over on the ice on the city walls and broke my coccyx. A couple of tourists hoicked me up, stop laughing, it's rather painful, especially when trying to break the habit of a lifetime and not open heavy double beam gates with my bum/back! Hope to meet up at the Fly.

3 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Iced in in Chester, does that count? Actually, it was 'exciting' when I fell over on the ice on the city walls and broke my coccyx. A couple of tourists hoicked me up, stop laughing, it's rather painful, especially when trying to break the habit of a lifetime and not open heavy double beam gates with my bum/back! Hope to meet up at the Fly.

Ooh no, a broken bum bone that’s awful, I’d never laff at that. 
I guess there’s not a lot that can be done about fixing it? Shit, I really am sorry to hear that. 

Just now, Goliath said:

Ooh no, a broken bum bone that’s awful, I’d never laff at that. 
I guess there’s not a lot that can be done about fixing it? Shit, I really am sorry to hear that. 

I have only been knocked off a motorbike once and I ended up landing on me ass as the bike was taken from under me. They say that’s the best thing that can happen, to land on your bum. 
But hell, my ass was bruised and aching for weeks. Luckily no broken bum bone.