DM2

Sneill

Featured Posts

Hi guys 

I am assisting a mate onboard his newly acquired boat which is running a DM2 engine. Is it normal for a pair of water pipes to be connected from the engine to the circulation pipes that run from his Multi fuel burner with back boiler to his Calorifier ? This is in addition to two more smaller pipes that run from the engine to the coil of the calorifier. Your assistance as always greatly appreciated 

Tia

8 hours ago, Sneill said:

Would you know if this set up would be pumped or just working on convection?

Well there must be a water pump on the DM2, so yes, pumped. I doubt the water would circulate around this circuit by natural convection. The stove-to-calorifier circuit could be either. 

Is there a problem or a fault you are trying to solve? 

Edited by MtB
Add a bit.

20221102_235601.jpg.d3e8fed83de8199b1867131a413bdc74.jpgDoes it also have any valves/ diverters to a skin tank?

It could also possibly have an additional pump if the pipework is long or convoluted. I can think of at least one boat I have come across setup like this.

As Matty40s says its all down to the who and why- heres an example of a system on a boat I was on recently. Luckily the seller had left a good set of instructions!

Edited by PaulJ
Picture gone strange
  • Happy 1
  • Horror 1

1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

20221102_235601.jpg.d3e8fed83de8199b1867131a413bdc74.jpgDoes it also have any valves/ diverters to a skin tank?

It could also possibly have an additional pump if the pipework is long or convoluted. I can think of at least one boat I have come across setup like this.

As Matty40s says its all down to the who and why- heres an example of a system on a boat I was on recently. Luckily the seller had left a good set of instructions!

Worth owning shares in a fir that makes gate valves!

Almost unbelievable.... except obviously not!

• Haha 1