Wine buffs ahoy

LadyG

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Paul Charlton said:

Yes I have, supermarkets all over the word do it.  Its a basic marketing technique.

So you are suggesting that what I was told by the French Lady, and my own experience, is outweighed by your "global" opinion.

58 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Thanks I have bookmarked that

The £20 joining fee for the Wine Society  ( actually £40 but you get a £20 credit to spend on wine) is the best £20 you will ever spend on wine.  Bottles are available from £5.95 ea, on your door step.

There is also a  Nebuchadnezzar of vinous information on the website which is available to all.

N

• Greenie 2

On 05/09/2022 at 14:14, LadyG said:

I did glance at label, and in the past I've had nice crisp white wines from Chile, but unfortunately this one lacked the buttery character desired. <<<

In which case, I might suggest that the Memsahib tries it. Chardonnay is a no-no for her, precisely because of the buttery taste.

On 07/09/2022 at 16:25, BEngo said:

>> There is also a  Nebuchadnezzar of vinous information on the website which is available to all.

SLAIN!

(sorry, that was Belshazzar).