Llangollen and maybe Montgomery advice please

libali

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

Just tagging onto this old thread as we are looking to visit the Monty in a few weeks. I'm thinking about visiting the Home | The British Ironwork Centre as it looks fairly close and has some interesting exhibits. Can you do the Monty in 2 days?

We went to the end a few weeks ago, left Frankton junction first thing on the Sunday and came back up the locks first thing Monday.  The trip to Crickheath on the Sunday included stopping for a couple of hours at Queen's Head for Sunday lunch.  As it was a nice evening we ended up boating back to the moorings at Weston Arm.

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, robtheplod said:

Just tagging onto this old thread as we are looking to visit the Monty in a few weeks. I'm thinking about visiting the Home | The British Ironwork Centre as it looks fairly close and has some interesting exhibits. Can you do the Monty in 2 days?

Wife and daughters went there yesterday. Not by boat but by car

20 hours ago, robtheplod said:

Me and the other half visited a few weeks ago and I would say yes,it is worth a visit, it obviously depends on what you are after but it kept us entertained for a day

4 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Me and the other half visited a few weeks ago and I would say yes,it is worth a visit, it obviously depends on what you are after but it kept us entertained for a day

So if he is spending a day there he will not be doing the Monty in 2 days

• Greenie 1