Water prediction coming true.

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

When we were stopped at Claydon last year the CRT guy told me they have to run water down for the farmer who has an extraction permit as they have to keep the level high enough for him to extract what he is permitted.

Back in May the volockies told us that the low water levels are caused by illicit water extraction by a farmer overnight and they suggested they were trying to catch somebody in the act. However I suspect a simpler reason like leakage will be correct.

1 hour ago, jonesthenuke said:

Back in May the volockies told us that the low water levels are caused by illicit water extraction by a farmer overnight and they suggested they were trying to catch somebody in the act. However I suspect a simpler reason like leakage will be correct.

Possibly but vandalism is much more likely to be blamed even if it is of the virtual kind.

15 minutes ago, Athy said:

It would take a quite determined vandal to get anywhere near Claydon locks.

The problem, whether it's vandalism or something else, isn't at Claydon locks. The CRT employee I spoke to while he was running water down said the main problem is the pound below Cropredy lock. He also said that it seems to be a leak somewhere but they haven't yet managed to find any evidence to support this. Other than that the water keeps disappearing!

• 1 month later...

Here we go again, T&M closed despite the rains.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/23390-navigation-closure-lock-41-to-lock-71-cheshire-flight-trent-and-mersey-canal

Last time I did that stretch this year there were 11 broken " under repair" paddles. Hardly surprising they are having water troubles.