TV not working

Featured Posts

(Above) - At home and aboard we just use the TV as a monitor and control everything using free -view or -sat recorders to select the channels to watch. IMO the programme guides seeto have a m better layout on the boxes than  whatever the tv box manufacturer supplies.

1 hour ago, Alway Swilby said:

The problem I have with streaming TV is that the commercial channels force you to watch the adverts and trailers. I have a PVR and record freeview stuff I'm interested in onto that. So I watch what I want when I want and I can wizz through the adverts.

True, thats fine if you dont like ads.... i was similar until i realised I needed a TV licence only because i was using my PVR. I'm now a streaming convert as i now dont have to remember to record anything - everything is there already... bit like self service TV  :)

On 07/06/2022 at 13:01, Rob-M said:

Internet costs £20 a month, with Smarty, when we are on the boat, no charge when we aren't there as only pay for when we use, plus the odd free month through referrals (https://i.smarty.co.uk/ptE8nf).

If you are paying for Smarty you are not trying hard enough. 18 months since I started Smarty and I only paid for the first month and still have 6 months  in hand 😉

Did have to pay for extra data last week in Ireland as 12gb allowance goes nowhere but that came out of my Smarty bonus payments so still no cost to me🤭

• Greenie 1