Pagans Afloat

Stourbridgeguy

Featured Posts

What on earth are you talking about referring to me as a ghost hunter?

You are just an ignorant person and know nothing about me.

Next you will be saying anyone who wears the veil is a suicide bomber judging by the seemingly prejudice statements you make.

Oh but how dare I complain its all a joke after all ha fu**ing ha.

Atheists who feel the need to read an online encyclopedia to understand what they dont believe in now there's a joke.

But what about the levitating super-turtle?

Good Lord! It works!

Is that you, Uncle Cyril?

No my Red indian/egyptian princess familiar (why are they never victorian geordie dockers?) is at my left shoulder whispering....wait it's getting clear...."the.....gubbiment.....inspector!". Does that mean anything to anyone in the audience, sorry congregation?

What on earth are you talking about referring to me as a ghost hunter?

You are just an ignorant person and know nothing about me.

Next you will be saying anyone who wears the veil is a suicide bomber judging by the seemingly prejudice statements you make.

Oh but how dare I complain its all a joke after all ha fu**ing ha.

Atheists who feel the need to read an online encyclopedia to understand what they dont believe in now there's a joke.

Religion is a sick joke, perpetrated by the controlling on the sick and feeble-minded.

If you need a crutch/comfort blanket to support you, thats all fine and groovy, I can respect that, but please don't expect the free-thinking of the world to agree with you.

Religion is a sick joke, perpetrated by the controlling on the sick and feeble-minded.

If you need a crutch/comfort blanket to support you, thats all fine and groovy, I can respect that, but please don't expect the free-thinking of the world to agree with you.

Drugs and heavy drinking is the only true answer.

I dont need a crutch or comfort blanket and dont follow any religious way of life that is exactly what makes Spiritualism different as you can take it as much or as little as you like as it dose not dictate you live your life in any way unlike other religions.

As for free thinking do you seriously think I dont think for myself?

Drugs and heavy drinking is the only true answer.
Sir,Once again, you cut to the nub of things :rolleyes:
I dont need a crutch or comfort blanket and dont follow any religious way of life that is exactly what makes Spiritualism different as you can take it as much or as little as you like as it dose not dictate you live your life in any way unlike other religions.As for free thinking do you seriously think I dont think for myself?
Eeeeerrrrr, yes

I dont need a crutch or comfort blanket and dont follow any religious way of life that is exactly what makes Spiritualism different as you can take it as much or as little as you like as it dose not dictate you live your life in any way unlike other religions.

As for free thinking do you seriously think I dont think for myself?

additionally, which spirits do you believe in, Malibu or something a little stronger?

As an Atheist and a Rational Anarchist there are two things that are never worth disussing on an open forum

Religion/Faith and politics.

Those who believe will rarely agree with those that don't (and vice versa)and no argument in the world will change people minds one way or the other.

I admit to having a bit of fun now and then but mostly I direct it away from those with faith of any sort as it their choice (as my disbelife is mine) andwho am I to say that they are wrong? They may after all be right.

At this time, I have yet to see ANY indisputable proof that gods (or oher deities) do exist.

Similarly I have yet to see definitive proof that they do NOT exist.

My disbelief is merely my opinion based on what I consider to be probability........

You could actually make a case for considering Atheism to be merely anothe "belief" system.

Anyway if you all don't behave I will send the pixie round

Edited by tidal

Many thanks Tidal, have you tried proving a negative recently. I have nothing against God/spirit/whatever botherers, but pity their lack of witMany thanks Tidal, have you tried proving a negative recently. I have nothing against God/spirit/whatever botherers, but pity their lack of wit..... Ooooh there's a ghost in the machine

Edited by tomsk

" have you tried proving a negative recently"

If you are going to use that tired old defence I would suggest that it is EASY to prove that certain physical entities cannot exist, simply look at elements that cannot exist together?

Having been involved in precisely this debate for over 40 years I am more than willing to play it again.

I have a spare hour :rolleyes:

" have you tried proving a negative recently"

If you are going to use that tired old defence I would suggest that it is EASY to prove that certain physical entities cannot exist, simply look at elements that cannot exist together?

Having been involved in precisely this debate for over 40 years I am more than willing to play it again.

I have a spare hour :rolleyes:

As do i, please elucidate.

"If you are going to use that tired old defence I would suggest that it is EASY to prove that certain physical entities cannot exist, simply look at elements that cannot exist together?

OK this bit is simple........at first

Look at the atomic structures of Hydrogen and Helium.

Unless all our current science can be completely turned on its head and rewritten (not entirely impossible but exremely unlikely) there can be no element that exists with an atomic structure that lies between the two.

Thus one can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that such an element does not exist?

If you accept this we can look further or we can debate these staements first

I can't help feeling that none of this is of any help whatsoever in determining where OP should plac his alter.

Oh, and ...

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument

I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands

I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you

I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem

I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned

I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side

I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality

I believe that trust is more important than monogamy

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul

I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair

I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires

I believe forgiveness is the key to your own happiness

I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed

I believe that God does not endorse TV evangelists

I believe in love surviving death into eternity

I can't help feeling that none of this is of any help whatsoever in determining where OP should plac his alter.

Oh, and ...

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument

I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands

I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you

I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem

I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned

I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side

I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality

I believe that trust is more important than monogamy

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul

I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair

I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires

I believe forgiveness is the key to your own happiness

I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed

I believe that God does not endorse TV evangelists

I believe in love surviving death into eternity

Gadzooks

OK this bit is simple........at first

Look at the atomic structures of Hydrogen and Helium.

Unless all our current science can be completely turned on its head and rewritten (not entirely impossible but exremely unlikely) there can be no element that exists with an atomic structure that lies between the two.

Thus one can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that such an element does not exist?

If you accept this we can look further or we can debate these staements first

I have no interest in gaseous elements, but fear you may about to start talking out of your arse, which has a certain symmetry I suppose :rolleyes: