Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

Good job Gilly had a stock of beer otherwise it’d have been truly dismal. 

Beer always helps. Also I am not a big fan of Lees beers but the stuff in the Boat and Horses tasted pretty good.

Still in Cornwall for another day and realise its quicker to drive from Yorkshire to Cornwall than it is to do the Manchester 18 😀

10 hours ago, dmr said:

Beer always helps. Also I am not a big fan of Lees beers but the stuff in the Boat and Horses tasted pretty good.

Still in Cornwall for another day and realise its quicker to drive from Yorkshire to Cornwall than it is to do the Manchester 18 😀

The Lees went down well enough.

washed down our nice cheese pies 😋 

What you think of Joules beer? I’ve a few pubs I want to explore at weekend while looking for somewhere to watch the rugby and one them is a Joules pub (which won’t have a telly).

The one in Burton is good because they sell Bass, otherwise I don’t think I’ve been in a Joules pub. 

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

The Lees went down well enough.

washed down our nice cheese pies 😋 

What you think of Joules beer? I’ve a few pubs I want to explore at weekend while looking for somewhere to watch the rugby and one them is a Joules pub (which won’t have a telly).

The one in Burton is good because they sell Bass, otherwise I don’t think I’ve been in a Joules pub. 

IIRC their pale ale was rather nice -- certainly much better than Bass. Other opinions are available... 😉

Bass is still a good pint but not quite what it used to be.

The new Joules pub in Stone was open when we passed in the summer, but was really busy so we just went to the usual places (Swan and Bore Hole).

We have drunk in a Joules pub in Market Drayton, I think the beer was good but that was a few years ago so its hard to remember.

They sell Joules in the Holy Inadequate so it must be a good beer.

How do you watch the rugby if there is no tele? do you just look at your mobile phone??? 😀

2 minutes ago, dmr said:

Bass is still a good pint but not quite what it used to be.

The new Joules pub in Stone was open when we passed in the summer, but was really busy so we just went to the usual places (Swan and Bore Hole).

We have drunk in a Joules pub in Market Drayton, I think the beer was good but that was a few years ago so its hard to remember.

They sell Joules in the Holy Inadequate so it must be a good beer.

How do you watch the rugby if there is no tele? do you just look at your mobile phone??? 😀

The idea is to have a pint in the Joules pub then walk further into town to watch the telly. 

Market Drayton is where they brew, I think. I still ain’t been in there. 

What you on in Cornwall?

As it happens I’ve a pint of Proper Job in front off me. 

oh, the Joules pub here is the Duke of York. So probably dodgy. 

37 minutes ago, Goliath said:

The idea is to have a pint in the Joules pub then walk further into town to watch the telly. 

Market Drayton is where they brew, I think. I still ain’t been in there. 

What you on in Cornwall?

As it happens I’ve a pint of Proper Job in front off me. 

oh, the Joules pub here is the Duke of York. So probably dodgy. 

Mostly on the cider.

Have a few pints in the Duke of York and get some photos, it will probably get a name change soon 😀

• Happy 1

On 03/02/2022 at 16:48, dmr said:

Mostly on the cider.

Have a few pints in the Duke of York and get some photos, it will probably get a name change soon 😀

It’s a real nice pub. 
And the booze is ok. 
I think you’d like it here, especially Sophie the Dog. 
Both a fire and a carpet for her 👍

12F4CCE9-8B9A-4D7B-8F16-6E5F1320ED53.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Goliath said:

It’s a real nice pub. 
And the booze is ok. 

Wow, you must have drunk a *lot* to see the pub at that angle... 😉

20 minutes ago, Goliath said:

It’s a real nice pub. 
And the booze is ok. 

Sophie is looking like an old dog these days so a carpet in front of a fire would be good. Its a bugger that her owners like the more basic pubs with wood or even stone floors.

Two weeks in Cornwall with beach running (for the dog) and coast path walking everyday have left her in a sort of dog coma, but another day of rest will hopefully fix that.

• Greenie 1

We met some blokes running on the coast path, found out they were doing a 100mile race all round the end of Cornwall that had to be completed in 36 hours. That makes the BCN challenge look pretty trivial.

11 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Twits. 

I looked at the results on the www and I think only one retired, the rest all completed. Some of that path is difficult, especially round the Lizard way, running it in the cold and dark is pretty reckless, but they are young and fit and they probably think that the amount of beer that we drink is much more dangerous, and they are probably right.

Just walking 6 miles of the coastpath with a rucksack is pretty much my limit these days.

I think they all had some sort of transponder and it was a well organised event , probably safer than running on the road.

• Greenie 1