Water pump starts and stops every second

vanboosh

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, vanboosh said:

Update: I’ve replaced the pump! It’s all working perfectly now. I also added the filter thingy that the previous one didn’t have so that will hopefully help in the future. Thank you everyone for the help!

For those interested, this is the pump I got:

https://www.foxschandlery.com/jabsco-par-max-2-9-pressure-controlled-pump-12v-40psi?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItauigMSV9QIVzN_tCh1IsQCiEAQYAiABEgKg0_D_BwE

Only just read this thread and, as I got further in, my thoughts, (based on similar experiences), were that a new pump would be the easiest solution. Well done for not persisting for too long with the faffing around.

I did similar with a pump that was obviously leaking a few years ago - took it apart, checked the valves/diaphragms/connections, without success. I think it was either a new pump for £60 or so, or a valve/seal kit for £30 or so. I plumped for the new pump, which solved the problem. 

Had the same over the years with toilet flush pumps on seagoing boats. Eventually discovered that buying a new pump was way better than faffing around with repair kits.

23 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Only just read this thread and, as I got further in, my thoughts, (based on similar experiences), were that a new pump would be the easiest solution. Well done for not persisting for too long with the faffing around.

I did similar with a pump that was obviously leaking a few years ago - took it apart, checked the valves/diaphragms/connections, without success. I think it was either a new pump for £60 or so, or a valve/seal kit for £30 or so. I plumped for the new pump, which solved the problem. 

Had the same over the years with toilet flush pumps on seagoing boats. Eventually discovered that buying a new pump was way better than faffing around with repair kits.

New pump also has the advantage that the faulty item can be taken apart, examined and if practical repaired/refurbished at leisure meaning you then have a spare.

On 03/01/2022 at 13:44, Tracy D'arth said:

Yes, thanks for the update, so it was just the pump duff after all?

It would seem so as everything is running (better than) normal now with the new pump. At some point I'll have a go at the old pump and see if I can bring it back to life for an emergency spare, as George and Dragon mentioned.