Bath

Space_Cowboy

Featured Posts

Hello

I am refurbishing my bathrrom on my NB and have decided to go for a bath rather than a cramped shower cubicle that was installed. Has anyone ever used or installed one of these www.omnitub.co.uk

My other option is a wet type room but prefer a bath to be honest. Or has anyone any details of baths below 1200mm in length.

Thanks

SC

Hello

I am refurbishing my bathrrom on my NB and have decided to go for a bath rather than a cramped shower cubicle that was installed. Has anyone ever used or installed one of these www.omnitub.co.uk

My other option is a wet type room but prefer a bath to be honest. Or has anyone any details of baths below 1200mm in length.

Thanks

SC

Same principle as our shower over a hip bath... except without the seat shape cut out of it.

Looks very smart - I like the square shape. I'd advise also having a shower curtain/screen installed (I think the idea is that they're used without most of the time) because the water will bounce off you and all over everything else.

I know some boats have a wetroom sort of tray that is used for the shower water and as the floor for access to the loo when the shower isn't in use, but in my experience they're not great. Simply because despite the pump removing most of the water, there's always a bit left (depending on whether the boat is listing at all, for example) which means all subsequant loo users get wet feet and leave wet footprints over the boat! :blink:

Wet rooms are trendy but not even that practical in a house IMHO, let alone a boat. The omnitub is a smart bit of kit, though. Assuming you can get in through the door, of course! :smiley_offtopic:

Same principle as our shower over a hip bath... except without the seat shape cut out of it.

Looks very smart - I like the square shape. I'd advise also having a shower curtain/screen installed (I think the idea is that they're used without most of the time) because the water will bounce off you and all over everything else.

I know some boats have a wetroom sort of tray that is used for the shower water and as the floor for access to the loo when the shower isn't in use, but in my experience they're not great. Simply because despite the pump removing most of the water, there's always a bit left (depending on whether the boat is listing at all, for example) which means all subsequant loo users get wet feet and leave wet footprints over the boat! :blink:

Wet rooms are trendy but not even that practical in a house IMHO, let alone a boat. The omnitub is a smart bit of kit, though. Assuming you can get in through the door, of course! :smiley_offtopic:

Yes I think the idea of a wet room is not appealing to me either...

I think it's out with the tape measure tonight to check the dimensions of my doors...lol otherwise I might have a nice deck mounted tub......

The internal footprint is much smaller than the external and your knees will be around your ears.

Could be a problem as my external footprint is a lot larger than my internal one...and hence my ears would therfore not be as clean....

I am refurbishing my bathrrom on my NB and have decided to go for a bath rather than a cramped shower cubicle that was installed...

Im actually about ready to do the exact opersite.

- And replace our cramped shower-over-bath arrangement with a decent full sized shower cubical!

Your about to be in the market for a slightly scratched 15 year old plastic bath are you. Might take a year or so to get around to it though.

Daniel

I find the 4' x 2' sit baths work very well. You can put them across the boat and still have a decent sized corridor. You can use the shower to soak yourself, then have a good wash in the water and use the shower to rinse off. Two people can easily have a good shower-equivalent from the contents of a normal calorifier even in the morning after using some of the hot water for washing up the night before. And its not cramped.

I find a standard shower cubicle restrictive and you tend to use much more water.

Two people can easily have a good shower-equivalent from the contents of a normal calorifier even in the morning after using some of the hot water for washing up the night before. And its not cramped.

Two of you, in a 4x2 bath? Sounds a bit cramped to me.

Hi!

When I started fitting out my boat, in 2004, I decided (Rather late) to fit a bath.

I had to move the bulkheads slightly to give me enough room.

I fitted an ex B & Q 3/4 size corner bath. I saw one fitted with a Whirlpool waterjet

system (Rather expensive) and persuaded myself that it would be a luxury.

It's definately a luxury and I really do enjoy it.

I have yet to fit the shower head over, (Pipes in situ) but I'm waiting to finish

off the bathroom tiling etc., before doing this.

Apart from refilling the water tank a little more often, I like the bath, although it has

compromised a little space elsewhere in the boat.

~Allan~