Thermx Caravan heaters?

Mel Good

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, rasputin said:

I have one, love it, not sure why you all think I am going to die of too much condensation.

Take off the 'ndensation' and therein lies your real danger.

There used to be a range of flueless domestic gas room heaters, but the amount of ventilation that was required made them ineffective.

Just now, Ex Brummie said:

Take off the 'ndensation' and therein lies your real danger.

There used to be a range of flueless domestic gas room heaters, but the amount of ventilation that was required made them ineffective.

No, no CO at all, I get a little bit from cooking but non from the fire

27 minutes ago, rasputin said:

I have one, love it, not sure why you all think I am going to die of too much condensation.

Its because lots of people do not grasp the difference between CO which is a dangerous product of incomplete combustion (these heaters do not use combustion other than in the pilot flame) and CO2 which these heaters produce in spades. 

14 minutes ago, MtB said:

Its because lots of people do not grasp the difference between CO which is a dangerous product of incomplete combustion (these heaters do not use combustion other than in the pilot flame) and CO2 which these heaters produce in spades. 

The pilot frame is only used during the lighting procedure 

45 minutes ago, rasputin said:

The pilot frame is only used during the lighting procedure 

31 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Once it is lit, do you turn the pilot flame off ?

1. No not in many cases as I explained at the start of the topic. It is used to monitor the amount of oxygen in the air. As the oxygen gets completed the pilot light rises from its burner, to above the flame detector so the detector cools and the shuts the gas off.

2. In many cases no, see above. It probably depends upon manufacturer.

52 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Once it is lit, do you turn the pilot flame off ?

It goes of when you turn the nob to full, it keeps the gas lit while the catalyst  is heating up. Mine is the same model as the op pictures

I do have other ones, that have no pilot light,, you have to light these several times on start up to avoid a minor explosion of the unburnt gas travelling over the catalyst