Canaline diesel stopping under load

canalbuff

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, High Hopes 2017 said:

Found the rubber fuel hose was not tight where it connected to the fuel filter. It’s internal to the engine so installed at manufacture. Was able to pull the hose off the union without removing the clip. So whilst it wasn’t bad enough to leak fuel, when high suction would have ingested air and starved the injectors. Replaced the clip with two stainless steel jubilee clips. Went out for a run and ran at high power no problems.

IMG_0183.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

Judging by the complete absence of indentation of that ear clip into the rubber of the hose, I'd say the clip is not tight on the hose (as you discovered).

I'd say the clip fitted at the factory is too large for the diameter of the hose.

Edited by MtB
Finesse the point.

42 minutes ago, MtB said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Judging by the complete absence of indentation of that ear clip into the rubber of the hose, I'd say the clip is not tight on the hose (as you discovered).

I'd say the clip fitted at the factory is too large for the diameter of the hose.

We eventually fixed my mate's boat engine issue (similar to the OP) by swapping the crimps for jubilee clips.

Edited by Midnight

Friends had the same problem, one of the rubber fuel hoses had delaminated and was collapsing inside. When the contacted the mariniser, Peachmans, they already knew it was a problem and sent a new hose. Handy if you are out on a good river.

10 hours ago, MtB said:

A pretty fundamental things getting the crimp right on hoses, I used to design and draw hydraulic fittings and hydraulic schematic.

Most of our hose crimps where done with multi jaw crimp machines to get an even crimp all round.

28 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

A pretty fundamental things getting the crimp right on hoses, I used to design and draw hydraulic fittings and hydraulic schematic.

Most of our hose crimps where done with multi jaw crimp machines to get an even crimp all round.

That's easy for you to swage ...

/Coat