Dometic VT2500 vacuflush toilet

John and Liana Fox

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, pearley said:

Get down on your knees with cassette out and press the bottom right micro switch. Pump should run constantly. The put finger over hole in vacuum tit top centre and press switch again. Pump should run for a few seconds and stop.

As the large pipe on mine went through 90° and was unsupported I made a bracket to stop any unwanted pressure on this seal. Packed with silicone grease and it was the only deal that never gave me trouble.

Ok not sure where the vacuum fit is but I’ll have a look and have a go. 👍

Spear bucket? 

Chucker?

2 hours ago, John Ray said:

Hello thanks for your responses.The toilet bowl holds the water fine and when you insert the cassette you can hear the vacuum pump engage but only for a brief time, about 10 seconds. The toilet flushes ok then (albeit not as powerfully as normal) and the contents does flush away. 

the vacuum pump does not engage after this and the toilet will no longer flush. In order to get it to work you have to remove the cassette again and then after a short time re engage it and the whole process is repeated. 😵‍💫

Also the amber light is constantly on at the wall monitor. 

I have seen a similar problem with our Vacuflush.  It was due to the cassette moving away from the fully inserted position due to the vibration of the pump. It can be caused by a number of things. A similar fault occurs if the “cassette present” sensor has moved and is no longer close enough to the cassette.

Does the pump restart if the cassette is simply pushed hard back into the base unit, this would suggest the above type of fault is present.

In any case I would check the following:-

Is the catch that holds the cassette in place working correctly? Specifically is it present, undamaged, latching properly etc? Also does the fault occur with all the cassettes that you have?

Are both the cassette inlet valve and the mating spout on the base unit clean, undamaged and lubricated? Check the spout seals are not dislodged and the inlet valve on the base unit can be pushed fully in (dislodged seals on the cassette inlet valve can be a problem and cannot be visually inspected without dismantling the cassette, so can go unnoticed)

Is the “cassette present” sensor on the base unit in place and not dislodged and pushed back away from the cassette?

Is the base unit secure, in particular does the vertical section stay upright or is it loose?

Hope this helps.

13 minutes ago, jonesthenuke said:

I have seen a similar problem with our Vacuflush.  It was due to the cassette moving away from the fully inserted position due to the vibration of the pump. It can be caused by a number of things. A similar fault occurs if the “cassette present” sensor has moved and is no longer close enough to the cassette.

Does the pump restart if the cassette is simply pushed hard back into the base unit, this would suggest the above type of fault is present.

In any case I would check the following:-

Is the catch that holds the cassette in place working correctly? Specifically is it present, undamaged, latching properly etc? Also does the fault occur with all the cassettes that you have?

I ended up with a bit of magnetic tape (only for the thickness) stuck on each cassette where it contacts the switch.

There are 2 types of latch. The grey one on the top that 'hooks' onto the cassette and the yellow or black plastic bit on the bottom, rear of the cassette that drops into the docking station. The latter type seemed to make a better job of holding the cassette.

Edited by pearley

Hello thanks for your help I’ll have to get in and start checking all these things (nightmare cos the bed has to be removed 😖). I thought it was a cassette issue as the grey catches on the top were missing (they have the catches at the rear of the cassettes which do seem to hold them in tightly ).  You would not believe how much the little grey catches cost me from Lee San!! 🥵
it was all working fine until recently. 

did the magnetic tape solve the problem for you? 👍

Mine is pretty much a manual thing now, fed up with O rings and stuff so it just sits there quietly sulking in the loo till someone uses it then just flick a switch, it makes a vacuum, flush the thing and turn the switch off whereupon it just glowers in the corner again. It has no PCB anymore after the contacts and little clips went bad, The only problem with it now is judging when the cassette is full as the adjustment on the micro switch is awfully sensitive and I am still working on that.

• Greenie 1

13 minutes ago, John Ray said:

Hello thanks for your help I’ll have to get in and start checking all these things (nightmare cos the bed has to be removed 😖). I thought it was a cassette issue as the grey catches on the top were missing (they have the catches at the rear of the cassettes which do seem to hold them in tightly ).  You would not believe how much the little grey catches cost me from Lee San!! 🥵
it was all working fine until recently. 

did the magnetic tape solve the problem for you? 👍

I had a cassette with the catch missing from the top. I found a suitable screw and a selection of washers would create a feature that the latch would hook onto and this has worked ok for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

By way of an update, I managed to get a new PCB and that solved most of the problem in that the toilet is now functional! It just doesn’t hold a vacuum for very long (around a minute before the pump restarts) so need to spend some time investigating where a potential leak may be. Silicone grease at the ready!

If attention to the O rings does not fix it, dismantle the pump and look at the valves. Check for any muck on the flaps and seats. The valves have to seal or air leaks back to the cassette. It may be worth turning the rubber flaps over to give a new sealing face.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Last chance for anyone who wants a full set of o-rings for the vacuflush. Send me a PM with an address otherwise they're going in the bin.

I’ll take them if you’ve no other takers… I can’t PM on here as not enough posts so would you mind sending an email to  talkers-07-mop@icloud.com and I’ll get back to you. Thanks!