Fridge inverter

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Ok Ive sussed the fridge out for the camper one question though. Will a compressor fridge run from a MSW inverter or does it have to be PSW. I have to buy one and it has nothing else to do but the small fridge so trying to be cost conscious as its just for days away not full time use.

Taa in advance

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Ok Ive sussed the fridge out for the camper one question though. Will a compressor fridge run from a MSW inverter or does it have to be PSW. I have to buy one and it has nothing else to do but the small fridge so trying to be cost conscious as its just for days away not full time use.

Taa in advance

Use the Sunshine Solar PSW one you bought as a spare fridge inverter and threw in your spares locker ...

10 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Use the Sunshine Solar PSW one you bought as a spare fridge inverter and threw in your spares locker ...

That's what I may do but if I can manage with an even cheaper msw I am from Yorkshire ?

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Taa in advance

My Argos £80 table top freezer runs perfectly well of a Sterling MSW (Quasi Sine Wave as Sterling call it)

Uses about 35-40Ah per day

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

My Argos £80 table top freezer runs perfectly well of a Sterling MSW (Quasi Sine Wave as Sterling call it)

There's always an anecdotal one, isn't there?

Yes you can run a fridge on a modified sine wave inverter if that inverter has the capacity to meet the startup and running requirements of the fridge and your wiring and fusing is of sufficient capacity.

It will run the fridge.

But not at the efficiency of a pure sine wave inverter and with greater battery draw and overheating risk from waste heat. The fridge's AC motor will be running less efficiently and will use more power.

Such are the laws of physics.